Live TV Direct Stream Not Working

nominion

nominion

Emby Server Version:  3.2.26.0

Emby Android TV App Vesion:  1.4.36g

All of a sudden, direct streaming of Live TV no longer works.  It was working fine yesterday and then all of a sudden, playback is very choppy this morning.  The stream starts with one second of audio, then I get a black screen.  The video starts, but then playback is terrible.  If I disable direct streaming in the Emby App on my Shield, playback is fine.  Attached is the debug server log and I've uploaded the debug log from the Emby app.  Playback of direct streamed Live TV started at 07:18:00 on channel 111.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I couldn't find a log at that time.  Perhaps it was 7:28 instead?

If so, what happens if you uncheck the option to use VLC for Live TV?

nominion

Sorry about that.  I will attach the log in a bit.  For some reason, it didn't work when I originally posted.

The source of the Live TV are the two HDHomeRun Primes that I have.  

I'm pretty confident the time was 7:18.  Once I get the log uploaded you should be able to see the events in the server log.

Unchecking the box to direct stream live TV fixes it.  I can try enabling direct streaming and disabling using VLC for Live TV when I get home tonight.

Strangely, I seem to have this problem every time there is a new release of the Emby client software.  

nominion

I disabled using VLC for Live TV and enabling direct streaming, got mixed results.  When trying to view one stream, it seemed to work, but it took a long time to start the stream.  The second stream I tried resulted in audio, but no video.  I selected the option to correct the playback, but that caused the app to lock up.  I had to reboot my Shield as the close Emby app option that pops up doesn't work.  

nominion

Actually, I have direct streaming enabled now with VLC disabled, and it seems to be working OK after a reboot of the server and the Shield.  

If you'd like me to reproduce the problem again, I certainly can.  Let me know.