150 replies to this topic

#141 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156672 posts
  • Local time: 01:24 PM

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

I get a broken link for https://github.com/M....0.17_armhf.deb I will try again later, be nice if it worked, my Emby is on the system that does my downloading so tends to buffer

@scalyback, sorry about that. You can get the latest beta build from our website here:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

Thanks.

#142 scalyback OFFLINE  

scalyback

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 07:24 PM
  • LocationMons, Belgium

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:17 AM

Many thanks for that, the Beta version will work with the ReadyNAS 214? As that is not x64 architecture :) Or do I need to upgrade my NAS (there's an idea)

#143 alucryd OFFLINE  

alucryd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLille, France

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:47 AM

That will depend on what floating point type netgear went with. Even though most (if not all) armv7 processors are capable of doing hardware floating point, most NAS manufacturers go with a software floating point firmware for the stupidest reason. You can try the armhf beta, if it does not work it means netgear is using the armel flavor of debian, then I'm afraid you'll need to find with an x86_64 device (or a cheaper arm device from another manufacturer that's actually utilizing its hardware floating point capabilities).

#144 scalyback OFFLINE  

scalyback

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMons, Belgium

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

Great many thanks for the reply, I will give it a go tonight after work and update, it might helps others to decide on a NAS.

18:25 CTE: End of the day update, unfortunately that did not work error was wrong architecture, so guess a new NAS needs some research

Edited by scalyback, 11 July 2019 - 12:25 PM.

#145 mirszn OFFLINE  

mirszn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 06:24 PM

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:25 AM

We're excited to announce Emby for NetGear ReadyNAS is now available.

Installation

See the download page of our website:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

I have ReadyNAS 102 and running firmawe 6.10.2

As in your instructions, I went to download ->Platform ReadeNAS and downloded the file emby-server-netgear_4.3.1.0_amd64.deb on ReadyNAS via my imac. Then in ReadyNAS admin page ->apps->Upload->Browse->Upload...

and installation fails.. What's I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 10.08.53.png   34.25KB   0 downloads 

#146 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156672 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:51 AM

@mirszn, do you have a 64 bit model? Have you tried installing from the Netgear app store?

#147 mirszn OFFLINE  

mirszn

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 01:03 PM

Thank you for your reply. Although I've been using my ReadyNAS 102 for couple years now, I realize that my knowledge about the system is scarce. In the admin window of the System there is no information if it's 64-bit mode or not.

I can see installed apps and available for me for installation. Unfortunately there is no Emby-app among them. I have no idea where the Netgear app store is located. Searched google but hav't got any clear indication.

If you have enough patience to deal with newbees like me, I would appreciate your advice.

#148 mirszn OFFLINE  

mirszn

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 04:43 PM

Hello again,

Now I know that the armel is right architecture for my RN102

SYSTYPE NAME ARCH RN102 ReadyNAS 102 armel

Where to find the proper .deb file? As I mentioned app is , as far as I can see, not available via ReadyNAS admin page.

#149 mirszn OFFLINE  

mirszn

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:33 AM

OK, now I've found webbased page with listed apps. https://apps.readyna...ages/?page_id=9 and I can see Emby Server. It doesn't show on My ReadyNAS apps list and I realize now that this particular installation is not ment for my ReadyNAS102.

Is there any compatible installation package available for my system? 

Alternatively, I could try to install the suitable package via SSH if anybody could lead me in a right direction. 

Thanx in advance.

#150 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156672 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:22 PM

OK, now I've found webbased page with listed apps. https://apps.readyna...ages/?page_id=9 and I can see Emby Server. It doesn't show on My ReadyNAS apps list and I realize now that this particular installation is not ment for my ReadyNAS102.

Is there any compatible installation package available for my system? 

Alternatively, I could try to install the suitable package via SSH if anybody could lead me in a right direction. 

Thanx in advance.

Not currently. We are trying to get an armhf package released to the readynas store as well, although I didn't check what architecture your model is.

• mirszn likes this

#151 mirszn OFFLINE  

mirszn

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:47 PM

Thank you,

I'm looking forward..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users