143 replies to this topic

#141 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137932 posts
  • Local time: 02:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

I get a broken link for https://github.com/M....0.17_armhf.deb I will try again later, be nice if it worked, my Emby is on the system that does my downloading so tends to buffer

@scalyback, sorry about that. You can get the latest beta build from our website here:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

Thanks.

#142 scalyback OFFLINE  

scalyback

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 08:25 AM
  • LocationMons, Belgium

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:17 AM

Many thanks for that, the Beta version will work with the ReadyNAS 214? As that is not x64 architecture :) Or do I need to upgrade my NAS (there's an idea)

#143 alucryd OFFLINE  

alucryd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLille, France

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:47 AM

That will depend on what floating point type netgear went with. Even though most (if not all) armv7 processors are capable of doing hardware floating point, most NAS manufacturers go with a software floating point firmware for the stupidest reason. You can try the armhf beta, if it does not work it means netgear is using the armel flavor of debian, then I'm afraid you'll need to find with an x86_64 device (or a cheaper arm device from another manufacturer that's actually utilizing its hardware floating point capabilities).

#144 scalyback OFFLINE  

scalyback

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMons, Belgium

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

Great many thanks for the reply, I will give it a go tonight after work and update, it might helps others to decide on a NAS.

18:25 CTE: End of the day update, unfortunately that did not work error was wrong architecture, so guess a new NAS needs some research

Edited by scalyback, 11 July 2019 - 12:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users