Emby for NetGear ReadyNAS

Luke

ruoverrated2

I've updated the build in the first post. We're taking a new approach and we're going to forget about mono and go straight to the newer, smaller, faster, .net core runtime. The installation should be a breeze now. If you've installed anything, please remove it, then try the new update. Thanks !

@@vaise

@@denz

@@ruoverrated2

@@dannieboiz

@@JBDragon

@@KaptSlo

Ok, uninstalled it and used the latest file 3.2.30.2. Installation was very fast now and I got the message that it was succesfully installed.

Installing some media now. Scanning the library (400 video files) seems to take quite long.

Edited by ruoverrated2

It's normal for the first scan to take a little time, but should be faster after that. thanks.

Im going to have to shelve the NAS idea.  Mine is just not powerful enough to take on the recorded TV side of it - never mind adding emby on top.

I set 5 recordings to happen at the same time with dvblink, and I just watched a few, and they are stuttering a bit - so i guess there was issues recording the stream from the HDHomeruns.

So it I have to keep the main PC for NextPVR liveTv recordings anyway, i may as well also keep it doing the emby stuff on there.  I feel I have gone backwards to when I had my old low power CPU in my server - but since my I7, never had any issues with anything.

Maybe on the next NAS upgrade purchase I can re-assess.  The readynas 314 I guess is just not good enough.  It is a bit long in the tooth now.....

We're excited to announce Emby for NetGear ReadyNAS is now available for testing.

Installation

Ensure you're running ReadyNAS 6.8.0 or greater. If version 6.8.0 is not detected by "check for updates", it can be downloaded and installed via the admin interface:

Download one of the .deb files depending on the architecture of your NAS device. Please refer to https://github.com/ReadyNAS/sdk/wiki/ReadyNAS-Applications-Specification#unsupportedsystype if you don't know what architecture you're running.

2. Upload the deb for your architecture via the apps tab in the admin interface. A popup should appear to keep you updated on the installation progress.

3. When the installation is over, you should see Emby appear in the apps tabs on the admin interface, you can turn it on if it's not already and the launch button will take you to the install wizard.

@@alucryd

Shouldn't the active link be "deb for amd x86-x64" ?

Or do we now use one installer for the both architectures? 

Edited by KaptSlo

alucryd

@@KaptSlo Nah, it should be just x86_64 (or amd64, which is debian's name for x86_64). The armel package is not usable atm.

Edited by alucryd

This is odd using edge I only get grey screen I tried restarting emby server still only grey screen tried different pc same result in chrome works perfectly. Restarted the nas still no go in edge attached log. 

59b346fbc7b6d_Capture.jpg

server-63640567805.txt

Edited by denz

Thanks @@alucryd for that. This could be a limitation of the NAS but if I play transcoded material on ipad and try to watch live tv on the rpi after few minutes the server stops responding. 

When you try to record a show as soon as it starts recording the server stops responding so it is same issue as in windows server with ffmpeg processers. 

59b3b7458be1e_Capture.jpg

record-transcode-14e385c3-37b9-4277-865f-feaf4669983b.txt

server-63640573786.txt

server-63640575264.txt

server-63640575280.txt

server-63640575291.txt

server-63640575302.txt

server-63640575312.txt

unhandled_2f14be7a-f575-4e2a-89d1-587837c25054.txt

unhandled_4ca31071-56e6-49ff-8160-174c28b93e63.txt

unhandled_4ca31071-56e6-49ff-8160-174c28b93e63.txt

unhandled_366d3277-6469-4381-872d-ee3c6927f537.txt

unhandled_f71ef0f2-0996-4290-b252-c5cbdd32b03d.txt

I tried this but I am having difficulties selecting from drop down menu using the keyboard or mouse it does eventually work and you can move along the wizard but something is definitely not right with this version.

It starts from the initial screen when you go to select a language. I just noticed even though I removed emby and installed it again it has retained library settings. 

Here for example I am using the keyboard to make a selection but nothing is happening then I click out of it and go back in it again and this time the selection bar may move but it may not. If it doesn't if I press the down arrow 3 times and press enter the content type will be tv. 

Very strange. 

59b7736213fb3_Capture.png

This is from beta server

59b777f028adb_Capture1.png

My appologies @@Luke but it was working all the time on chrome properly it must have been something to do because I was logging in to my pc using chrome remote desktop. Don't know why it had issue since it doesn't have any issue with the windows emby server. 

Everything that I tried to play worked over chrome music, sd and hd movies h264 or mpeg2. All the live tv tuners are in use so can't try it. 

Had no issue playing content using the pi. 

I tried firefox and it is same as edge grey screen. 

Installed this one and it has no issue over chrome remote desktop like I had yesterday. Music and Videos pictures all working it is currently transcoding a recording so will report back how it went it is transcoding at very slow speed my NAS is just not enough powerfull but the most important thing is that it is working.  

It has finished the recording but it doesn't show it in the recordings tab. I had a look at the logs and it is writing it to here 

/2017-09-13 10:02:36.176 Info App: Writing file to path: /home/emby/data/livetv/recordings/Greek News/Greek News 2017-09-13.mkv

but it is not creating a recordings library automatically. 

59b89d638f28d_Capture1.png

server-63640893306.txt

Edited by denz

I have restarted the server and the recordings folder appeared. 

Recordings all look good I have disabled transcoding nas not powerful to handle transcoding a recording and transcoding a video to the mobile.

Edited by denz