Video seeking (rev/ff) is disabled?

Viktikus

Viktikus

Hi there.

Using MediaBrowser3 Server (feb-20-2014 install) with Media Browser Client on Lumia 1020 Black.

I tested this great system with some .avi files.

Why can not I use the Seek slider?

Why isn't seeking is supported with easy files like .avi?

All the system needs to give to the player is the framecount of the movie and sliderEvent will tell the Server at what position to start transcoding onwards. Works even with VLC, and here Server code is under dev's controll > evetrything is possible in .net 4.5.

Same goes to DVD videos!

Edited by Viktikus

ScottIsAFool

That's not actually how it works, but getting seeking working in the Windows Phone app is high on my list of things to do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Viktikus

Just tested  .ts mpeg2 (DVB) files on my Windows Phone 8 Black... Works, but the lack of skipping video to wanted section makes this quite useless.. I understand the workload, just wanted to say my wish...

:)

ScottIsAFool

You can still resume if that's what your intention is. Before you start playing the video, tap the app bar and hit resume.

Viktikus

Ok, But I wish to wait for real reverse/forward possibilities. Comm breaks etc, resume may not always happen..

Edited by Viktikus

Viktikus

I hear you, don't worry :)

... so seeking support is coming to Windws phones?? All formats? transcoded .iso, .ts and .avi as well?   PELASE tell me, I'm in pain.. :blink:

Edited by Viktikus

Tikuf

... so seeking support is coming to Windws phones?? All formats? transcoded .iso, .ts and .avi as well?   PELASE tell me, I'm in pain.. :blink:

Transcoded iso is hit an miss with seek so while seek may come to windows phone it is no guarantee it will function 100 %.

Viktikus

Transcoded iso is hit an miss with seek so while seek may come to windows phone it is no guarantee it will function 100 %.

I'm sorry, but ... I did not understand the message... 100% is understandable, but the rest was .... ?

So Rewinding / Fastworwarding .iso based DVD movies on Windows phone Client was the original target I was aiming.. .ts (mpeg2/mp4) & .avi (divx etc...) was also at the list to play..

Edited by Viktikus

• 3 weeks later...
icthusman1

I want to put in a vote for this as well.

Thanks for the hard work Scott.

Beardyname

Worked flawlessly when i tested it this morning :)

i do see however that this: Is not fixed :/

ScottIsAFool

It's fixed in current beta builds. 8.0.0.51 is the currently released version. The version with this fix in will be coming soon.

ScottIsAFool

No, I didn't remove your link :) Are you on the beta?

Beardyname

@@ScottIsAFool

Yep and i updated yesterday to the version with ff/rewind and those work just fine :) (For the videos that does not stop after X amount of seconds)

I seem to have it narrowed down to videos of Higher quality, Sponge Bob in SD works just fine but as soon as i try to play something of okayish < 720p (not to low bitrate it works fine)

Rest of the info is in the thread i linked just above you :)

• 4 weeks later...
Viktikus

Just updated the Server to ...35 (newest 2014-04-30) and the client to Windows Phone latest.

Finally with .ts files seek slider works!! Thank you!!!!

• Like 1