3D Playback in ET with madVR?

Sammy

Sammy

Will an mkv encoded as in the screen grab below playback in ET using madVR on Win7x64 or do I need to re-encode it to Half SBS or something else? If I have to re-encode, how?

5988edef299cc_3DMKV.jpg

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

Tried it. No worky. Going to try mounting the iso then playback with ArchSoft TMT5. Can that player or the WMC Plugin thereof be loaded in ET for iso?

Otherwise, I am also looking into converting the MVC 3D to a SBS 3D mkv. Slight loss in video quality but not really noticeable. What program does this?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

With an external player in Emby Theater you can use any player that supports command line control. I do not know if ArchSoft or WMC supports this so you will need to research that. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

With an external player in Emby Theater you can use any player that supports command line control. I do not know if ArchSoft or WMC supports this so you will need to research that. Thanks.

Thanks, Luke.

I'll do a little bit of searching. TMT 5 is old and out of print so to speak but it does bypass Cinavia Audio Watermarking or it just doesn't use it at all actually.

Looking for the least path of resistance. For a one-off, loading the iso in TMT 5 is probably easiest. For long term playback from the Emby library, re-encoding to SBS is probably best..

That said, how to force Emby to recognize a 3D as 3D? I have a few movies where I have both in the library and they both show the 2D Cover Art with no distinction anywhere in ET.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I read somewhere that the madVR MVC 3D functionality only works with Windows 8.1 +.   I have it working on my Windows 8.1 machine and a separate Windows 10 machine.  I elected to use the NAME.3D.mvc.mkv naming convention.  I wish there were better options to pick from for the 3D identifier but maybe one day!

Sammy

I believe I read somewhere that the madVR MVC 3D functionality only works with Windows 8.1 +.   I have it working on my Windows 8.1 machine and a separate Windows 10 machine.  I elected to use the NAME.3D.mvc.mkv naming convention.  I wish there were better options to pick from for the 3D identifier but maybe one day!

True. That is why I used TMT 5.

I've been using PowerDVD for many moons now with no issues.  TMT was discontinued, so I made the switch.

TMT 5 works. I didn't want spend time converting to a SBS mkv so just mounted the ISO and went with it outside Emby.

Can you load PowerDVD as in external player in Emby and have the movie start right up from an mkv?

Guest asrequested

I was reading the manual for 3D in mpv, the other day. There's a setting for it. By default it's at mono, but there is a command to switch it. I don't have 3D, but maybe someone can test it? I can't delve into it, right now. But I can when I get home, tonight.

--video-stereo-mode=<no|mode>

Actually, I think this is the correct command line. Anybody care to test?

stereo3d[=in:out]
Stereo3d converts between different stereoscopic image formats.

<in>
Stereoscopic image format of input. Possible values:

sbsl or side_by_side_left_first
side by side parallel (left eye left, right eye right)
sbsr or side_by_side_right_first
side by side crosseye (right eye left, left eye right)
abl or above_below_left_first
above-below (left eye above, right eye below)
abr or above_below_right_first
above-below (right eye above, left eye below)
ab2l or above_below_half_height_left_first
above-below with half height resolution (left eye above, right eye below)
ab2r or above_below_half_height_right_first
above-below with half height resolution (right eye above, left eye below)

<out>
Stereoscopic image format of output. Possible values are all the input formats as well as:

arcg or anaglyph_red_cyan_gray
anaglyph red/cyan gray (red filter on left eye, cyan filter on right eye)
arch or anaglyph_red_cyan_half_color
anaglyph red/cyan half colored (red filter on left eye, cyan filter on right eye)
arcc or anaglyph_red_cyan_color
anaglyph red/cyan color (red filter on left eye, cyan filter on right eye)
arcd or anaglyph_red_cyan_dubois
anaglyph red/cyan color optimized with the least-squares projection of Dubois (red filter on left eye, cyan filter on right eye)
agmg or anaglyph_green_magenta_gray
anaglyph green/magenta gray (green filter on left eye, magenta filter on right eye)
agmh or anaglyph_green_magenta_half_color
anaglyph green/magenta half colored (green filter on left eye, magenta filter on right eye)
agmc or anaglyph_green_magenta_color
anaglyph green/magenta colored (green filter on left eye, magenta filter on right eye)
aybg or anaglyph_yellow_blue_gray
anaglyph yellow/blue gray (yellow filter on left eye, blue filter on right eye)
aybh or anaglyph_yellow_blue_half_color
anaglyph yellow/blue half colored (yellow filter on left eye, blue filter on right eye)
aybc or anaglyph_yellow_blue_color
anaglyph yellow/blue colored (yellow filter on left eye, blue filter on right eye)
irl or interleave_rows_left_first
Interleaved rows (left eye has top row, right eye starts on next row)
irr or interleave_rows_right_first
Interleaved rows (right eye has top row, left eye starts on next row)
ml or mono_left
mono output (left eye only)
mr or mono_right
mono output (right eye only)
Edited by Doofus