x265 playback on rpi2 vs chromecast

rinn2883

Ok I think I misunderstood, sorry. To be honest I am not quite sure because there is no obvious problem here. I would suggest continuing to lower the in-app bitrate and see if you can find a value that results in it being playable. Thanks.

rinn2883

You're just trying to help  :) I'm just a bit frustrated cause like you said it's not a clear problem.

I tried a wired connection on the rpi and it was fine, but the gf wont allow me to drill holes for cables :lol:.

The chromecast is probably working cause it has auto configuration for the stream.

Why the phone is working, I'm just guessing: maybe because it has more memory then the rpi..

I will have to play around with the advanced settings file to get the wifi to work properly on the rpi.

I can't understand why the network is only a problem when playing x265 (ex 1500 kbps), but has no problems with x264 (ex 2500 kbps)?

If you do transcoding on the server you would expect that the lower bitrate would have less problems, Or am I missing something?

Angelblue05

Are you using Emby for Kodi? You have addon playback enabled, right? Otherwise none of the playback settings in the addon will apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

rinn2883

Yes, i'm using Emby for Kodi and yes addon playback is enabled.

I will try with following advancedsettings.xml from http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache for devices with 1GB RAM.

<advancedsettings>
  <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>
Edited by rinn2883

rinn2883

Just reporting back.
1 show keeps giving problems (its show 5 from the logs I posted). It has some information about the show that I can't find in any of the others:

Embedded Image

Codec MJPEG
Level -99
Resolution 600x800
Framerate 90000
Bit depth 8 bit
Pixel format yuvj420p
Ref frames 1
Default No

Could this be causing problems in the emby for kodi app?