Invalid Password, even with .129..

tmservo

Ok.   So I had .129 installed before hand, the moment the announcement came yesterday.. I think it's been installed for a bit.

Today go into Media Browser.  "Invalid Password"

OK.   Go to Configurator.   Everything up to date, no updates available on any plugin/etc.

Fine.

So, I go to the website and re-install MBC straight from the site.   Still "Invalid Password"

Uninstall MBC from my Media Center, re-install.   Still "Invalid Password"

?

There is no password.  I might just create one to see if that will get around it.

Update... that was a HUGE, Monumental Mistake.  Now, I can't even login from the web.   Created password for the account "1" and on logon page, I Get:

Object Reference Not Set to Instance of Object

I'm now totally locked out of Media Browser ;(   I can't get in and see anything, from the web or from the desktop

BAH

Edited by tmservo

The good:   Uninstalling and re-installing server solved the issue.

The bad:  Most of my themes just cause MBC to bomb.   Chocolate stays up, but Aztec, Breeze, and several others just give the 'invalid application' notice in MBC

Ok.   I guess I don't have the new 'server' version that was linked with this problem?   I'm running Server Version 3.0.5135.31685 which is when I got the 'invalid password' bit.. but After the uninstall/reinstall it still doesn't look like thishttp://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-39-new-server-beta-released/

IE, I don't have 'auto-organize' or other functions referenced in that blog entry.

So, no idea what's going on.  :(

Yep.  No problem.  I'm not worried about the update, just thought it might be why I got the 'invalid password' thing.. but then after getting re-installed, I'm back to A-OK.   So, I can deal without or whatever as long as it's accessible!

Yeah this sounds like something else went wrong.  The majority of people are running 129 against 5135 and no one has had this problem.