Movie Length Displays as 0 Minutes, No Watch-State (rclone, GDrive, Ubuntu 16.04)

snikay

snikay

Hey.

Just finished setting up the emby server.

But every single movie/video-file has no length displayed. At playback i can only seek through the already buffered range - and because of this, of course there is no watch-state.

Is there anything i can do here?

Is this emby or rclone related?

Already tried different rclone options from different people: "--allow-non-empty --allow-other --max-read-ahead 14G --dir-cache-time 30m" or "--allow-other --acd-templink-threshold 0 --stats 1s --buffer-size 100G --timeout 5s --contimeout 5s --umask 0"

But none of them does the job.

maybe someone can point me into the right direction?

would logs help?

thanks

snikay

No, it has definitely completed.

And it's not related to rclone, because Plex can read the whole file with length and also skipping works

here are the logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81QzCCqll85dmpTanhRUk8tVGs

this is the first forum in 20 years i have no clue where to upload files .. (My Media only shows already uploaded files?! Images-section can upload images, but no txt) .. maybe you guys should fix that too

Update: okay, "full editor" hmm .. don't know if this is really the way to go (i guess not)

Edited by snikay

The file has no known runtime because our attempts to probe it for media info are failing. The reason for this is due to some kind of error coming from your I/O device:

Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
	System.IO.IOException: Win32 IO returned ERROR_GEN_FAILURE. Path: /home/snikay/SecretDrive/Movies/Jurassic Park III

According to msdn this is typically due to:

May be used to indicate that the device has stopped responding (hung) or a general failure has occurred on the device. The device may need to be manually reset.

I found a similar issue on sonarr forums and the user resolved it by adjusting his disk configuration:

https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/sonarr-is-reporting-win32-io-error-gen-failure/12581/18

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Okay.. I have no clue how i can fix things here :)

I guess there are some errors in the log because plex results in 24h bans because of it's rape-scanning-style (API limit is 200 hits per second). But like i said, Plex can play and skip and read the file-length..

I'm just using rclone-mount with Gdrive .. permissions are right (emby can play the files). Shouldn't be any problem.

It sounds like maybe the api limit has been reached? but i can't imagine we're sending 200 hits per second.

No, you don't. Plex does. 1 or 2 times in the past days, Plex resulted in GDrive's-API-Limit-Ban. So i have turned it off. This is why i tried to use emby, because you have a much smoother-scan, which does not result in Google's API-Limit-Ban. 

But even if i can play things through emby, it still has no watch-state. So i am in kind of a problem here. Emby has a great scan, but no watch-state. Plex has watch-state but freaks out my GDrive :/

In this log, directly at the end, it should show that the drive is connected and i can play files. But i still have no watch-state :/

Thanks for investigating, since my setup is of course very, let's say unusual. But it seems more and more power-user converting to CloudDrives, so maybe this helps others too.

embyLog.txt

Edited by snikay