Question about mapped network drives

benbour
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

If you are on Windows, I highly suggest using the machine name instead of IP address.  Otherwise, if the address were to ever change, everything would break.

teddybear75
ebr

Posted Today, 03:16 PM

If you are on Windows, I highly suggest using the machine name instead of IP address.  Otherwise, if the address were to ever change, everything would break.

Not a bad idea :)

Edited by teddybear75

teddybear75

Question: I am now getting access denied on some paths/files when scanning, is there a way to include user/pass to the network in the Folder path? This was not a problem when the drives were mapped :)

Example:

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\X.X.X.X\Seriesname\Seasonfolder\season.nfo' is denied."

Seems i am able to play and scan files, but not write nfo`s or thumbs.

Edit: I have tried creating a windows user with the same user and pass on my fileservers, and shared media to this user with all privileges. This is the same user/pass i use on the pc where emby server is on. Hope this will work.

Edit 2: Its a windows share problem, not an emby problem, i think i have entered an old username and password earlier, and now when i go to these paths, windows stil remembers this, i will have to find a way to log out of this, or give the old user write permission on my file server.

Edit 3: Fixed. Deleted user/pass with windows credentials, rebooted, and now it uses the user i created, all good :)

Edited by teddybear75