Live TV Playback While Recording

rdwdivx

rdwdivx

I just found out about Emby a few days ago and decided to go Premium, primarily for the Live TV And DVR features as they seemed more evolved and supported on more devices than Plex. I have the HDHomeRun Connect and am running Emby on a Windows box. Live TV works pretty well, and is especially impressive when streaming remotely. 

Some issues I'm facing are with Live TV/DVR functions.  Using my Roku, when I tune to a channel that is already being recorded, I would expect to be able to rewind to when the recording began. Is this possible? Right now, I can only rewind to when I just tuned the channel. 

I'm having a similar issue when tuning a channel on the iOS app on my iPhone, except on the iPhone, it shows that I've been recording and the slider lets you rewind back to when the recording starts. However, this doesn't actually work. I'll move the slider back, but I basically just keep seeing live TV. 

Overall, I've been very impressed with Emby and think it's fantastic.

Hi, this is because it sounds like you started playing the channel. Instead go to the recordings section and play the active recording and then it will start from the beginning of the recording.

rdwdivx

I actually tried that already, and it appears to function exactly the same as tuning the channel on Live TV. I can't rewind at all when first playing back the current recording. I'm testing this on my iPhone right now, so I can't speak for the Roku. 

It sounds like you must have still played the channel because I test this on an almost daily basis. If you play the active recording it will start from the beginning of the recording.

rdwdivx

Ok. Maybe my issue is that I was using the TV Recordings section of the Live TV channel. If I go to the library where my live TV is recorded, and then try to play the show that is being actively recorded, I get a spinner and the show never starts. 

rdwdivx

And I can confirm the same thing happens when on a browser. I try to play back the actively recorded show from my library, and the show never starts. 

rdwdivx

I have this option disabled, since my server isn't powerful enough to record and transcode two streams simultaneously. That would be a severe limitation for me. 

But still, I enabled this option to test it out, and I am still unable to rewind a recorded show that I just tuned into. 

rdwdivx

I appreciate the support, but it has been more than 24 hours, so I would like the refund I was promised. I am willing to try Emby again when it has matured more.