Connection Failure

chef

chef

This is strange. My tablet can't find my server, and manual server connection returns a failure.

All my other devices are working fine just all the android mobile devices won't connect.

I have restarted the server, restarted the physical server, and all the android devices with the same out come...

Any ideas?

Where can I find logs on for android mobile?

Edited by chef

chef

Hmm... Maybe because I didn't update the server.

I'll add the latest beta and see what happens.

pünktchen

This is strange. My tablet can't find my server, and manual server connection returns a failure.

All my other devices are working fine just all the android mobile devices won't connect.

I have restarted the server, restarted the physical server, and all the android devices with the same out come...

Any ideas?

Where can I find logs on for android mobile?

This happened for me after the last Windows update. I had to remove the update.

chef

Really! I'm on Windows 7, do you think it was the update for me?

I'm going to take a look and see when my system updated.

You wouldn't happen to know what the update serial number (KB..... Something) I should look for do you!

chef

right!

I'm back after I've done that whole bit posted on git and yet nothing has changed.

I'm able to access the server through my domain remotely and it seems to be just with my android devices.

All the tablets in the house seem to have this issue.

I also restarted the modem and checked firewall settings.

Edited by chef

pünktchen

Really! I'm on Windows 7, do you think it was the update for me?

I'm going to take a look and see when my system updated.

You wouldn't happen to know what the update serial number (KB..... Something) I should look for do you!

KB4025342 for Windows 10

KB4025341 for Windows 7

chef

KB4025342 for Windows 10

KB4025341 for Windows 7

I'll check this next. Rule it out.

Thank you :)

chef

Okay so a couple things happened to me here that I'll mention incase something like this happens to someone else.

You have a networking issue.

After removing the update from my PC mentioned above, I was still experiencing connection failures.

Luke mentions to check all connections fringe github.

To add to the list of common connection issues, I would like to add that (for us beaver lovin' Candaian folk) if you have a Bell Home Hub 3000, then that is the problem.

It is literally piece of garbage.

After a hard reset of the device, and inputting all port forwards, my network has finally come back to life.

For some reason the hub had found itself in a strange state of intermittent connection.

It wasn't on yet hasn't crashed. Wierd guys really weird.

Good news is that the abroad devices can obtain an IP on the network and connect to emby again.

What a PITA!

PrincessClevage

Okay so a couple things happened to me here that I'll mention incase something like this happens to someone else.

You have a networking issue.

After removing the update from my PC mentioned above, I was still experiencing connection failures.

Luke mentions to check all connections fringe github.

To add to the list of common connection issues, I would like to add that (for us beaver lovin' Candaian folk) if you have a Bell Home Hub 3000, then that is the problem.

It is literally piece of garbage.

After a hard reset of the device, and inputting all port forwards, my network has finally come back to life.

For some reason the hub had found itself in a strange state of intermittent connection.

It wasn't on yet hasn't crashed. Wierd guys really weird.

Good news is that the abroad devices can obtain an IP on the network and connect to emby again.

What a PITA!

I was tempted to suggest something network related. I had a self inflicted PITA recently when I temporarily forgot that I had enabled I.p access control on my wirelesss router:-/