TV Library vs Recordings Libray

mjktg99

mjktg99

Whats the difference?  I had a hard drive go bad and when setting it back up i started thinking about doing it better.  So i changed some folder structures around and I set up my recorded tv shows to be a "TV' library.  But after some time, it will stop showing any content in that folder and then I get an automatically generated "recordings" library that its content type is "unset"

I am trying to figure out, first how this library is generated automatically and then why does it cause my 'TV' library to be blank.  And also what the difference is...

mastrmind11

Whats the difference?  I had a hard drive go bad and when setting it back up i started thinking about doing it better.  So i changed some folder structures around and I set up my recorded tv shows to be a "TV' library.  But after some time, it will stop showing any content in that folder and then I get an automatically generated "recordings" library that its content type is "unset"

I am trying to figure out, first how this library is generated automatically and then why does it cause my 'TV' library to be blank.  And also what the difference is...

The recordings library is created by default.  Add the path to the recordings to your TV library and that should fix it.

Edited by mastrmind11

mjktg99

@@Luke  I think I might have figured out a key component to this..  When emby records TV, it puts it in a Series folder (\recorded tv\series\show name\)

So if I use the path (\recorded tv) for my TV library, the shows do not disappear.  Doing this however creates an extra step of needing to click on 'series' before i get to my shows.  I just want the TV to open directly to my recorded shows so I set the folder path for my TV library to \recorded tv\series\.  And initially that works after creating the library and doing a media refresh.  But then it just randomly goes away...

have you explored live tv settings in an effort to control where series recordings go?

mjktg99

have you explored live tv settings in an effort to control where series recordings go?

I did chose the location they are going to.  I think I have narrowed down the issue that emby does not like having the recording folder and tv library set as the same location.  I have now moved my recorded folder to another location and i use MCEBuddy to post process my files and then drop them into my TV library in the same format emby is looking for for metadata.

That has given my TV library the form and function that I was looking for and I just dont have any users set with access the default recordings library.