29 replies to this topic

#21 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46932 posts
  • Local time: 03:49 AM

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Your HD movie was converted to stereo as well.  What this means is your system is reporting it can only accept a 2-channel input.  We are feeding it that and your receiver is then expanding that to 5.1 using one of the Dolby algorithms more than likely.

#22 Hauzz OFFLINE  

Hauzz

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 09:49 AM
  • LocationHengelo, The Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

OK, but should the TV be able to play 5.1?

And why don't I see transcoding with the HD movie?

I really don't get it

Thanks for your effort

Edit

Here https://www.sony.ie/.../specifications are the specs for the TV..... what can you make of it?

Edited by Hauzz, 01 August 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#23 Jdiesel OFFLINE  

Jdiesel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2676 posts
  • Local time: 01:49 AM
  • LocationRegina, SK

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

The Sony's implementation of Android TV does not use the standard API's therefore passthrough audio does not work. This is the same issue with Kodi when they switched over to the standard Android audio APIs and one of the reasons I don't recommend the Sony Androids TVs. They also don't use the Android Display Mode API which allows apps to utilize dynamic refeshrate switching but that is another kettle of fish.

https://docs.google....#h.ajd2e8v8nm6a

Something funny is still going on though as a Windows PC should have no problems downmixing DTS to 2-channel aac audio. The issue lies in the decoding of the hvec video which the Android TV should play directly. Is it not possible to stream copy the video while downmixing the audio?

Edited by Jdiesel, 01 August 2017 - 05:38 PM.

#24 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46932 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

We're looking into why the video doesn't stream copy in this case.  The audio issue is just a tangent and is not the cause of his performance problem.

#25 Hauzz OFFLINE  

Hauzz

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 09:49 AM
  • LocationHengelo, The Netherlands

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hey guys, any news on this subject?

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137604 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:48 PM

@Hauzz we are looking into it, thanks.

#27 Mamoon Tayih OFFLINE  

Mamoon Tayih

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 AM

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:02 AM

I have the same problem with 4k files. They play smooth on my Sony Android TV with Direct play. Once I try and transcode any 4K its stops and starts every few seconds, I am checking my NAS CPU and Memory and they are on 30-40% so no overloading. I also have the Hardware transcoding on VA AVI. All FHD files are working like a breeze, I am moving from PLEX to EMBY because I feel their hardware transcoding works brilliant with my QNAP TS-453B. 

If only I can fix this 4k transcoding problem!

#28 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46932 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:15 AM

I have the same problem with 4k files. They play smooth on my Sony Android TV with Direct play. Once I try and transcode any 4K its stops and starts every few seconds, I am checking my NAS CPU and Memory and they are on 30-40% so no overloading. I also have the Hardware transcoding on VA AVI. All FHD files are working like a breeze, I am moving from PLEX to EMBY because I feel their hardware transcoding works brilliant with my QNAP TS-453B. 

If only I can fix this 4k transcoding problem!

Can you please post the ffmpeg log from when this happens?

#29 Mamoon Tayih OFFLINE  

Mamoon Tayih

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 AM

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:31 PM

Can you please post the ffmpeg log from when this happens?

Hi, This stopped happening the day after I posted. I have just subscribed to emby Premier as I have witnessed a much faster response on my clients compared to Plex and scrubbing forward and backwards is very good and almost simultaneous. I am currently using QNAP TS-453B with 4GB ram as my server and have acceleration on as VA API. I tried clients on my LG old 4K TV and My new Sony Bravia 4K x85e Android TV, also on my galaxy note 8 and Apple TV. Loading and playing is much better and I really want to help make this system an even better experience.

I haven't tried the Google Assistant integration yet as I just subscribed and will definitely give my opinion on that.

Keep up the good work! 

#30 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 137604 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users