Subtitles Trouble

NeonGOD

NeonGOD

im running emby server on an old HP DL160 G7 Server..  Im using a unlimited googledrive account as my storage..  mount is done with plexdrive..  and sync is done with rclone..  i got a unionfs-fuse mount which functions kinda like a cache..

My problem is that most of my mkv's contains subtitles..  but when media is stored on googledrive and no longer is in my local unionfs mount it takes nearly an hour to extract the subtitles from the mkv's..  so when i play media in a browser i got no subtitles...  guess it got something to do with the workings of plexdrive and the limits it impose so that i don't hit my googledrive api limit...

so my question is:

Does emby extract subtitles when it adds media to the db??  or does it only do it when media is played ?

if it do it on scan i got no problem because media is local in my unionfs mount for a couple of hours before it gets uploaded to gdrive..  then no problem..

but i guess it doesn't..   would it be possible to force it to extract subtitle on add ??

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by XenoBIT78

Does emby extract subtitles when it adds media to the db??  or does it only do it when media is played ?

Only when played. Doing it during the scan is something we've thought about as a possibility for the future.

NeonGOD

Only when played. Doing it during the scan is something we've thought about as a possibility for the future.

can i make a script to do it manually ?   and how if so??     i can see in my log it rips the subs to a weird name like this: 

/var/lib/emby-server/data/subtitles/3/3ab99d7c-574d-a9aa-3b4b-219643fdba59.srt

i guess that 3ab99d7c-574d-a9aa-3b4b-219643fdba59 is some kind of unique identifier for that particular movie/sub..  but is it somehow possible for me to calculate that myself??  so that i can make a script to get the identifier and rip subs and put the extracted subs the rigth place ?

Edited by XenoBIT78