Future Subscriber: Emby Web keyboard controls / IOS offline sync / emby theather for OSX

kugelzucker

kugelzucker

Hi,

since emby theater isnt available for osx and the kodi plugin isnt getting me excited i am hoping that either the web interface gets keyboard controls (technically trivial i am sure, but avoided to steer people to subscribe and or get the apps).

i understand the need to get paid and i am more than willing to do so, but i, and i am sure many others want a native app for OSX or, as previously mentioned, keyboard controls.

as soon as there are tangible plans that one or the other is being implemented i will get the lifetime subscription the day after the announcement.

as a bonus i'd love the possibility of syncing to device for the ios apps.

thanks for making such a great product!

• Like 1

BAlGaInTl

Hi,

since emby theater isnt available for osx and the kodi plugin isnt getting me excited i am hoping that either the web interface gets keyboard controls (technically trivial i am sure, but avoided to steer people to subscribe and or get the apps).

i understand the need to get paid and i am more than willing to do so, but i, and i am sure many others want a native app for OSX or, as previously mentioned, keyboard controls.

as soon as there are tangible plans that one or the other is being implemented i will get the lifetime subscription the day after the announcement.

as a bonus i'd love the possibility of syncing to device for the ios apps.

thanks for making such a great product!

I don't actively use macOS, but I think that's a good feature request.  I'd be curious to hear what other macOS users use.

To the bold.

First I don't think it's trivial.  Think of the array of browsers that would need to be supported/tested.  The second part of the bold hits it on the head.  What incentive do people have to support the devs if the web client becomes fully featured?

• 2 weeks later...
kugelzucker

@@kugelzucker we are working hard on these thanks.

Just so you're aware, the Emby Theater web app supports keyboard control. Try it out at http://tv.emby.media

Enjoy.

thanks for your reply, i wasnt aware of tv.emby.media and i might start using it. i am however concerned about privacy when using that service. what kind of information is being transmitted from my local library to emby.media for it to work? or can i find some detailed info about it somewhere without reading the source code of the server myself? :)

Edited by kugelzucker

kugelzucker

I don't actively use macOS, but I think that's a good feature request.  I'd be curious to hear what other macOS users use.

To the bold.

First I don't think it's trivial.  Think of the array of browsers that would need to be supported/tested.  The second part of the bold hits it on the head.  What incentive do people have to support the devs if the web client becomes fully featured?

trivial might be the wrong word, but possible.

and you can wall it behind emby premiere if you are concerned about subscriptions.

thanks for your reply, i wasnt aware of tv.emby.media and i might start using it. i am however concerned about privacy when using that service. what kind of information is being transmitted from my local library to emby.media for it to work? or can i find some detailed info about it somewhere without reading the source code of the server myself? :)

Really nothing. You are just running the app from that location.  You are still connecting directly to your own server.

aNiclas

Playing media on iOS while not connected is important for me. I've seen it mentioned waaay back but its still missing...

Supposedly "Sync" has been renamed to "Download" but still nothing on the iOS progress... (iPad)

Im looking to setup a new solution on my new NAS arriving next week and its another "Plex vs Emby" and the only reason im not certain about what to pick is the lack of iOS while not connected to Emby..

Can devs say anything about when this is expected? Im buying premium/full...

• 4 months later...
kugelzucker

@@kugelzucker we are working hard on these thanks.

Just so you're aware, the Emby Theater web app supports keyboard control. Try it out at http://tv.emby.media

Enjoy.

hi luke,

i just got a lifetime subscription just because i get so much out of this software. thanks for developing it.

i see that ios offline sync is still on the todo list and i would like to make that request again. is there a specific subscriber forum where we can put our "money"-votes in the ring?

other than that: i tried tv.emby.media and have found the shortcuts. ill use this for now, but still i think with a macs going mainstream (shit, i think they already are ... i still was the first! boo on all those new peasants!) i think a native app for osx is needed. and i know the default answer is "its being worked on" or "roadmap" or "strategy is secret". in this case that shouldnt apply since a mac app is neither new nor unexpected. so i would appreciate a real statement about it some way or another to see if i we are ever going to have that.

Edited by kugelzucker