Android app feature requests (remote controls / dashboard / settings)

WEHA

So just what I miss in the android app interface and using chromecast to play:

• When stopping a cast:
    • Check if the cast was finished and provide a button to continue watching or replay when it was done
    • If it's a tv show, provide a button for the next episode
    • if it's a multipart movie, provide a button for the next part
  • A refresh button or an automatic refresh when you just watched an episode started from the "next up". the problem now is that it does not refresh so you have to go search for the next episode
  • Timezone and time format settings. My computer is configured for gmt+1 with dst and 24 hour format. Emby shows me 12 hour format and gmt time
  • Skip ahead and back buttons (like Kodi) to skip 10 / 30 / 60 seconds or like 10 minutes. the slider is just not accurate on (small) touch screens
  • Some form of auto reconnect for the remote controls. I constantly have to kill the emby app and reopen it to get the controls back. Disconnect still works so this would stop the playback.
  • Save last filter used when browsing the library again

• 2 weeks later...

hi @@WEHA, in the next update to the app, you'll be able to double tap within the video player to skip forward and back 15 seconds. Double tapping on the left side will skip back, and the right side will skip forward.

And yes more automatic refreshes are something we need to address. Thanks !

@@Luke

hi @@WEHA, in the next update to the app, you'll be able to double tap within the video player to skip forward and back 15 seconds. Double tapping on the left side will skip back, and the right side will skip forward.

And yes more automatic refreshes are something we need to address. Thanks !

Nice :)

Is the automatic refresh related to the problem that disconnect from Chromecast doesn't work?

7out 10 times I need to kill the emby android app, start it, connect to Chromecast, and disconnect again.

This after stopping the cast succesfully, so everything works except disconnect. (tapping yes just does nothing)

The other ideas no good? :)

thanks for your reply

Is the automatic refresh related to the problem that disconnect from Chromecast doesn't work?

No, I haven't seen this but will do some testing.

The other ideas no good?  :)

I am more interested in what the community thinks about them then what I think. That is why if you want to maximize responses, you'd create separate feature request topics for each of them. Thanks.