Which Skins can i use with "Emby for Kodi" Plugin?

Pixelpaule

Pixelpaule

Hey guys,

i use Kodi with the "Emby for Kodi" Plugin. Can I use every Skin from the official Kodi Repo or only the skins which are stored in the Kodi Emby Repo?

Thanks.

Edited by Pixelpaule

arztonyou

I believe that you should be able to use the Emby for Kodi add-on with any skin to access your libraries using Video -> Video add-ons -> Emby and then selecting your desired library.  However, if you want to be able to set up menu shortcuts to your libraries, then you need to make sure you use a skin that allows you to add your own menu shortcuts.  In addition, the Titan skin was developed by one of the Emby for Kodi developers, so he has integrated Emby into his skin more than most other skin developers.  There are smart shortcuts that make it really easy to create shortcuts to your libraries, and you'll get fanart, discart, etc. as well.

Pixelpaule

Hey,

thank you for your fast reply. So i can use Kodi and the "Emby Kodi Plugin" with base settings and functionality with every skin from the official Kodi repo? Only if i want to use special features from the emby plugin i have to use a skin which supports the advanced features from the plugin?

• Like 1

arztonyou

After the initial scan, your TV shows will be in the Kodi library and will be available from the Kodi main menu by clicking TV Shows.  But this will access ALL your TV shows in one list; they will not be split into your individual Emby libraries if you have several TV libraries defined in Emby.   Similarly for movies.  So almost everyone will want to use a skin that at least allows the addition of shortcuts on the main menu so you can have access to the individual libraries rather than just one big list.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Any skin will work because Emby for Kodi integrates your Emby library into your Kodi library. Because of it, you can also create smart playlist for your Emby content, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I wanted to keep my same library groupings from within Emby on my Kodi system (Movies, Kids Movies,Documentaries, etc) and I'm running libreElec, which is still on Kodi 17, so the skin options are limited. I've used Estuary MOD for some time and its worked out pretty well.

Have had to manually map the libraries through the menu settings but once done, I have the same sections as inside Emby and also have "Newly added" ,"Next Episose" ,"In Progress" type preview menus.