Established TCP Ports

Scott D

Scott D

Wondering if there is a reason why so many TCP Ports are kept open.

When checking on network connections on the PC used as the Emby Server, I noticed a substantial number of open TCP Ports.  I checked the Emby dashboard and had no active/connected devices with the exception of the server PC.

With my local IP beginning to enforce (and charge for) data limits, this is of concern.  I have not monitored to see how much bandwidth is being utilized, but thought this to be unusual behavior.

See attached document and log file.

Thank you.

server-63636821100.txt

Open Ports.txt

Edited by Scott D
  • Like 1

Scott D

Try disabling auto port mapping.

Auto Port mapping has been off for some time now.  Also DLNA is disabled as well.  

Now that I am checking it daily, it seems to happen every day.  I have no active connections showing up in the dashboard, yet I have 100's of "established" connections to a handful of remote devices.

If I shut down the server and wait a few minutes for them to time-out, and then restart Emby things seem to be fine until the next day.

Wondering if this has anything to do with the "phone home/authentication" process to enable Premier features on apps.

• 2 weeks later...
Jdiesel

598b38cbaeb49_Capture.pngI have noticed similar behavior where Emby progressively opens new tcp connections but never drops connections. Attached is a chart of active tcp connections over the last 24 hours. A bit of explanation on the chart. The gap in the line at 13:00 was a server reboot, when everything came online there were 24 active tcp connections. 16:00 through 24:00 there were multiple clients connecting and watching media. 24:00 through 08:00 there were no active clients while the number of active connections remained at over 800. 10:15 I restarted Emby server and the number of connections dropped back to 24.

I can provide a server log by PM upon request.

Edited by Jdiesel

Jdiesel

Is anyone else able to test?

For those with Windows you can view the number of active IPv4 TCP connections by typing "netstat -s" in a CMD window.

Edited by Jdiesel