ET Unable to open episode page from season list

mppyle

mppyle

The latest update for emby theater (from the Microsoft store) changed the way the season list work now the when selecting a episode it starts to play the episode. It used to take you to a episode description page. While I understand the new functionality speeds up the time to starts playback. There is still times I would like to get the episode detail screen. This episode description screen has a couple of functionality that is not available on the season list like marking an episode as played, marking an episode as a favorite and viewing the episode's guest actors.

I was wondering if there could be a button like on the new server season list page to go to the episode description page or an option could be added to the right click menu that shows up when right clicking on the episode on the seasons list to go to the episode page. 

Edited by mppyle
  • Like 2

Guest asrequested

It's intended behavior. It's a recent change that was made. I like it, but we need to get back the functionality that we lost. Per episode watched selection etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
SamES

It's intended behavior. It's a recent change that was made. I like it, but we need to get back the functionality that we lost. Per episode watched selection etc.

This is also an issue for the Samsung/Tizen app which is based on ET, and I expect other similar incarnations.

• 7 months later...
apichler

What version of Theater would I need to roll back to, in order to get it back?

Why not just use the star key on the remote?

thanx :)