Lost Library

RamboUnchained
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

RamboUnchained

Not sure what the problem is. Movies and shows play fine from the web, but the library no longer shows anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Emby, deleted myvideos107.db and emby.db and waited over a day and my library still hasn't populated. Manual sync doesn't work and neither does repairing the database (force update all content) in the Emby addon. 

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0aZbVia5fJJZm51Uk5EUUpUVjQ/view?usp=sharing

RamboUnchained

I'll upload it after I finish the finale of Ozark. I have some "third party" addons installed in Kodi, but they've never stopped Emby from working before. I run a portable version as my main frontend and use a separate, clean portable version for troubleshooting. The library wouldn't populate in either version.

Edited by RamboUnchained

• Solution
Angelblue05

Ok. Nothing really in particular related to emby for kodi. Unsupported is normal, nothing to be concerned about.

Why you lost your library, probably got erased by Kodi. You need to modify the advancedsettings.xml file and remove the clean library line.

18:54:11.316 T:11172  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <splash>false</splash>
                                              <imageres>540</imageres>
                                              <fanartres>720</fanartres>
                                              <seeksteps>30, 60, 90</seeksteps>
                                              <window>
                                                <width>1280</width>
                                                <height>720</height>
                                              </window>
                                              <videolibrary>
                                                <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
                                                <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> <-------------- Remove
                                                <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
                                                <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
                                              </videolibrary>
                                              <video>
                                                <playcountminimumpercent>85</playcountminimumpercent>
                                                <ignoresecondsatstart>120</ignoresecondsatstart>
                                                <ignorepercentatend>10</ignorepercentatend>
                                              </video>
                                              <network>
                                                <buffermode>1</buffermode>
                                                <readfactor>10</readfactor>
                                              </network>
                                              <gui>
                                                <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
                                                <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
                                              </gui>
                                              <videoscanner>
                                                <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
                                              </videoscanner>
                                            </advancedsettings>

Then, try running a repair database, hopefully this time it will stick. Let me know.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@marcelveldt

Is this something you are aware off?

18:57:58.287 T:8860 WARNING: Skin Helper Service --> Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\listitem_monitor.py", line 357, in set_listitem_details
                                                details["imdbnumber"], tvdbid))
                                              File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.simplecache\lib\simplecache.py", line 284, in decorated
                                                result = func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\metadatautils.py", line 380, in get_tvdb_details
                                                result.update(_get_duration(result["runtime"]))
                                            NameError: global name '_get_duration' is not defined
18:57:58.287 T:8860   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.listitem_monitor ! --> global name '_get_duration' is not defined

RamboUnchained

Trying it with that setting removed from advancedsettings.xml. That xml hasn't changed in nearly a year, though. Hopefully, that was the problem, though. 

RamboUnchained

BACK IN BUSINESS! Thank you guys sooo much! I almost switched back to MySQL. Gross...

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'll try to see if there's a way to add a detection for that blasted line in advanced settings in the future. :)

RamboUnchained

I'll try to see if there's a way to add a detection for that blasted line in advanced settings in the future. :)

It was a necessity back when I was using couch potato and mysql. A lot of stuff would be added to my library that I'd watch once and delete. I had 50 movies and 10-15 empty series once upon a time.