emby server for libreELEC

kodibart
Go to solution Solved by Wheemer,

What exactly does "didn't work"mean?

Emby does not restart  (tried reboot too) :

● service.emby.service - Emby - streaming server
   Loaded: loaded (/storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/system.d/service.emby.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-01-29 18:15:21 CET; 5min ago
     Docs: http://emby.media
  Process: 3560 ExecStart=/bin/sh /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/bin/emby.start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 3560 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: service.emby.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: service.emby.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: service.emby.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: Stopped Emby - streaming server.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: service.emby.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: Failed to start Emby - streaming server.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: service.emby.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jan 29 18:15:21 JossDroid systemd[1]: service.emby.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I may have missed something.

Wheemer

The important step is do not copy over the config files. When I initially copied the config files it didn't work either.

So make sure to select everything except the .config files and it should work.

• 3 weeks later...

The important step is do not copy over the config files. When I initially copied the config files it didn't work either.

So make sure to select everything except the .config files and it should work.

hi,

I followed your instruction (also changing userdata location in ~/.config/samba.conf.sample), then I stopped the service "systemctl stop service.emby" and copied all files, except *.config files (4). I restarted the service and I noticed mono is consuming much CPU (100%), also when I try to access I received "Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly.".

service seems to be running fine:

● service.emby.service - Emby - streaming server

Loaded: loaded (/storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/system.d/service.emby.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2018-02-14 10:42:30 CST; 22s ago
     Docs: http://emby.media
 Main PID: 1447 (sh)
      CPU: 22.422s
   CGroup: /system.slice/service.emby.service
           ├─1447 /bin/sh /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/bin/emby.start
           └─1452 mono /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/Emby.Mono/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_d
ata/service.emby -ffmpeg /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/bin/ffmpegx -ffprobe /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby/bin/ffprobex

Feb 14 10:42:35 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository: Default journal_mode for /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.
emby/data/displaypreferences.db is wal
Feb 14 10:42:35 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository: PRAGMA synchronous=1
Feb 14 10:42:35 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info SqliteItemRepository: Default journal_mode for /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.emby/data/libr
ary.db is wal
Feb 14 10:42:35 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info SqliteItemRepository: PRAGMA synchronous=1
Feb 14 10:42:35 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info SqliteNotificationsRepository: Default journal_mode for /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.emby/
data/notifications.db is wal
Feb 14 10:42:35 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info SqliteNotificationsRepository: PRAGMA synchronous=1
Feb 14 10:42:38 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info HttpServer: Calling ServiceStack AppHost.Init
Feb 14 10:42:52 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info ServerManager: Loading Http Server
Feb 14 10:42:52 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info HttpServer: Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/
Feb 14 10:42:52 LibreELEC sh[1447]: Info HttpServer: Adding HttpListener prefix https://+:8920/

any idea what is missing?

thanks

hi,

I followed your instruction (also changing userdata location in ~/.config/samba.conf.sample), then I stopped the service "systemctl stop service.emby" and copied all files, except *.config files (4). I restarted the service and I noticed mono is consuming much CPU (100%), also when I try to access I received "Emby Server is loading. Please try again shortly.".

service seems to be running fine:

any idea what is missing?

thanks

After several attempts to login, I was able...but is not working well, is really slow and mono CPU usage is changing from 10 to 200 (mostly in 100).

thanks

After several attempts to login, I was able...but is not working well, is really slow and mono CPU usage is changing from 10 to 200 (mostly in 100).

thanks

Hi,

I just tested last beta Version 3.2.70.13 and is working well, not more high CPU usage for mono and emby is upto date. great job. thanks

samuelqwe

First thing I did was change the "userdata" share in the file \\libreelec\Configfiles\samba.conf

to this:

[Kodi]
  path = /storage/.kodi
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi

Reboot

Disable the emby addon.

Then I copied the contents (minus the .config files) of the downloaded Emby.Mono.zip into \\libreelec\Kodi\addons\service.emby\Emby.Mono

Enable the emby addon.

Then you'll see it's updated to the latest release.

That doesn't work for me for whatever reason. I change the samba.conf.sample file and after the reboot it changes back to default and never creates a Kodi directory. I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 with the latest dev version (the one with Kodi 18) of LibreELEC. That may be why it doesn't work, but I would love to be able to update the outdated version of Emby to a newer one.