emby server for libreELEC

kodibart
Go to solution Solved by Wheemer,

kodibart

I know the existence of the emby server addon that can be installed directly from within kodi but this version is a bit dated (3.2.17) and therefore I would like to know if I can install always the latest emby server when they are released

Jdiesel

The way LibreELEC is setup you do not have write access to the system folders so all changes need to be done through the addon. I just submitted a PR to update the addon to 3.2.26.0.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if this ever got updated?

Most recent version is still showing as 3.2.17?

I have this setup on a beelink box for mum and while it still works great i can't use the Android app on my phone as it says the server needs to be updated.

Edited by Mr.Mac

• 3 months later...

Any chance this addon could get updated to 3.2.40.0? Emby is working marvelous on an old Amlogic MX2 tv-box running Libreelec 8, it is just a g18ref board but Emby is way faster than expected. The library web interface is very responsive, metadata download is fast as well. Scanning the library using mounted nfs shares worked flawless too. Love it! 

To bad my android phone can't connect using the app due to the server version.

Edited by lexi81

Can't you just use Docker? See this response here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/?p=514657

Along with the first post of that thread. Keep in mind, it's just a test Docker image right now. Make sure to read the first post fully if you want to try it. Thanks !

Can't you just use Docker? See this response here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/?p=514657

Along with the first post of that thread. Keep in mind, it's just a test Docker image right now. Make sure to read the first post fully if you want to try it. Thanks !

Thanks, that would have been a good solution. However, the linux kernel is too old. Overlayfs needs at least 3.18 something, I'm on 3.10.....

Would it be possible to update the package through commandline? By getting the emby.mono.zip package release at github?

Edited by lexi81

• 4 weeks later...
Wheemer

Is it possible to get this addon updated to the latest version?

I tried docker and nothing works on Libreelec 9 so this seems to be my only option.

It's strange how the plugin for sonarr will update itself but this plugin can't. there's no way to have the updates work?

Is it possible to get this addon updated to the latest version?

I tried docker and nothing works on Libreelec 9 so this seems to be my only option.

It's strange how the plugin for sonarr will update itself but this plugin can't. there's no way to have the updates work?

Hi, welcome. This plugin is community contributed, and if a community member would like to pitch in to add automatic updates i think that would be neat!

Wheemer

Darn I really need to taking some programming courses... This is the last step to a stand alone media PC I'm playing around with. I just can't call it done with Emby Server screaming for an update all the time.

Edited by Wheemer

Jdiesel

I have not had the time to looking into updating the addon. Just so you are clear the Kodi addon has no affiliation with Emby and is maintained by LibreELEC contributors. Due to some dependency requirements that aren't being met anymore I do not have the knowledge to update it myself. Try contacting awiouy on the LibreELEC forums to see if he has time to update the addon.

Wheemer

First thing I did was change the "userdata" share in the file \\libreelec\Configfiles\samba.conf

to this:

[Kodi]
  path = /storage/.kodi
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi

Reboot

Disable the emby addon.

Then I copied the contents (minus the .config files) of the downloaded Emby.Mono.zip into \\libreelec\Kodi\addons\service.emby\Emby.Mono

Enable the emby addon.

Then you'll see it's updated to the latest release.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wheemer

Is it possible for emby to update itself in the mono version?

I have other mono services running that seem to be updating fine

Wheemer

You mean the mono edition? because I believe the container addon can remain the same if only the mono version had the means. I have other addon services that stay the same version within kodi but actually still are able to update properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I know the question has already been discussed, but is it possible to update the addon to last version 3.2.70 ?    Or help noobs with a correct way to update it without breaking existing configuration ?

Thanks a lot  :-)