Shuffle not working

drfiggins

drfiggins

After last update the Shuffle feature is no longer working for tv episodes.  It appears to be doing the same as Play All.  

It will start with the 1st episode of the series, ie S01E01, and continue to play in order through the series.  If you exit the currently playing episode and hit Shuffle again it starts to play the same episode again, does not change to a different season/ episode.

I checked the shuffle feature in a web browser to verify it wasn't an Emby server issue and it works as it should by selecting random seasons and episodes through out play.  Stopping a current episode and hitting shuffle again also selects a different season/ episode than what was playing.

NanitesGather

Same bug for me as well. Exactly the same. I love shuffle. Please fix it. I literally went with a life time emby license once I saw that you could shuffle on the Roku emby app.

Mibok

Same here, What i did to workaround this is use Emby for Android and select the Roku as playback device, then use shuffle play on android. That could help in the meanwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be helpful in bug tracking for this issues:

If I go to TV series and click shuffle it takes me to the first episode of season 1.

The other day I went to episode 8 in season 4 and watched it. Afterwards, I went up a menu and pressed shuffle. It went to episode 8 season 4.

Hope that helps.