FR Add basic subtitle editing

Jdiesel

Jdiesel

I don't know if this is possible within Emby but it would be helpful if the user had the ability to edit the subtitle header to toggle between default and forced subtitles. This way a user could fix broken subtitles that fail to load properly within Emby. I don't know how much of a demand there is for this but it is something I run into from time to time.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
anderbytes

Also advanced subtitle sync edit would be a must. There are thousands of online tools for that... why couldn't be done natively inside Emby?   ;-)

Or maybe somebody creates a plugin...

Dibbes

I'd already be very happy if I could adjust the sync for .srt's from the server

I would be even more happy if I could download directly .srt's directly from any Emby app, but that seems a lot more complicated...

anderbytes

I'd already be very happy if I could adjust the sync for .srt's from the server

I would be even more happy if I could download directly .srt's directly from any Emby app, but that seems a lot more complicated...

Hey, that can already be done.

Not that I find it accurate when finding.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

It is accurate based on the settings you choose and what is available on open subtitles.

anderbytes

It is accurate based on the settings you choose and what is available on open subtitles.

Exactly. It happens that unfortunately this is not reliable. To tell the truth, for languages other than English, it's kind of a luck game. 1/5 of the times I download a subtitle (exact release), the thing doesn't fit with the audio, or something.

Not Emby's fault. Just exposing the issues of depending on subtitles.

Dibbes

@@anderbytes,

You're saying I can already modify the time-codes of .srt's on the server? I haven't been able to find this.

I know I can download .srt's, but I'd like to be able to do this from the app I'm playing the movie/episode on and have these saved in the media folder