Emby Theater Won't Load

sveyland1

sveyland1

Hi,

I am having a problem that my Emby theater won't load. It is just stuck on a black screen and won't start.

There are three instances of Electron and one of Emby.Theater in the task manager but none of them so any movement memory wise.

sveyland1

I have an Intel NUC with Intel HD Graphics 5000

Everything was working fine as recently as Monday (yesterday I didn't watch TV)

if you double click inside the window, does that make it go fullscreen, and does that also fix the graphics? thanks.

sveyland1

It launches already in full screen except the task bar remains on top. When I double click nothing happens.

can you locate this folder on your system?

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp

That's what it would look like on windows 10. On older versions of windows it may vary slightly. I'd like you to try something. Open up the main.js file, locate line 649, and change it from

//app.disableHardwareAcceleration();

to 

app.disableHardwareAcceleration();

Please let me know if it makes a difference. thanks.

• Like 1

sveyland1

Now this was strange. I had deleted the //. After I just told you that it made no difference I went back and added the // back and now it works. Weird.

GhostRider

I had the same issue after recently updating to Windows Creators Edition. Emby would start as a full screen black window.

I removed the comments sign from //app.disableHardwareAcceleration(); in the Windows section and Emby now works.

I wonder if this is a Windows Creators Edition "feature"?

Edited by GhostRider

I had the same issue after recently updating to Windows Creators Edition. Emby would start as a full screen black window.

I removed the comments sign from //app.disableHardwareAcceleration(); in the Windows section and Emby now works.

Well the Creators update has created some problems. Hopefully the fall update will resolve them.

Dizzy49

Update.  Emby loaded, but I didn't try to actually play anything.  I tried to play something last night, and I get the audio, but no video.  I tried several different videos.

Dizzy49

I also noticed that on my HTPC where it wouldn't play video, I was getting the loading circle A LOT.  I would go into a TV Show, and I'd get the loading Circle, no Fav or Watched icons.  If I went into a Season it did the same thing.  When I backed out of the season the Fav and Watched icons would be there, AND I could then see the Next Up (which I didn't realize was missing until I backed out).  I thought it was related to the video issue, but I am seeing the same behavior on my desktop.

Of course now that I go back in to get screen shots it's acting fine on my desktop :/

I'll try the HTPC to see if it's still having issues with the video.

• 1 month later...
GhostRider

Still experiencing the black screen issue. Just updated to the new Emby Theater version and had to reedit the main.js file. This fixed my black screen issue again.I have AMD graphics card.

• 4 years later...

I'm having the same issue, but in Debian 11 + Gnome.

I've tried the .deb and the Flatpak with the same result.

Ironically, the Jellyfin app actually works with my Emby server.

Edited by yemby

20 hours ago, yemby said:

I'm having the same issue, but in Debian 11 + Gnome.

I've tried the .deb and the Flatpak with the same result.

Ironically, the Jellyfin app actually works with my Emby server.

hi @yemby can you please give it another try? Thanks.