Playback correction? Sony TV recording playback issue.

x-cimo
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

x-cimo

One issue I am running into with a Sony X900E AndroidTV and Emby is that recording done by emby itself (from hdhomerun) do not play smoothly at all (they are unwatchable) for some reasons...  LiveTV is fine, movies too.

(.ts file, 1080i)

I played with many setting, the only thing that fix the problem (temporarly for the duration of the playback) is the hidden option in the playback OSD called playback correction.  It does something which fix everything..

What does it do?

Edited by x-cimo

mastrmind11

One issue I am running into with a Sony X900E AndroidTV and Emby is that recording done by emby itself (from hdhomerun) do not play smoothly at all (they are unwatchable) for some reasons...  LiveTV is fine, movies too.

I played with many setting, the only thing that fix the problem (temporarly for the duration of the playback) is the hidden option in the playback OSD called playback correction.  It does something which fix everything..

What does it do?

Forces a transcode.

• Solution

I believe this will be better with the latest beta release.

• Like 1

I am on the androidtv beta release. I'm pretty sure that I have the latest beta unfortunately.

What version of the app?  A new one (with a change related to this) went out earlier today.

x-cimo

You were right there was a new version.

Tested and it resolve the issue!

Can I know how you fixed it?

Thanks!

Thanks for reporting back.  We simply trap and handle the issue of VLC ending the item prematurely.