Webserver: Failed to start

ddurdle

ddurdle

I'm getting a "Webserver: Failed to start" error when after I setup the KODI emby plugin.  I'm getting the error repeatedly during the sync (6 times) and whenever I navigate into Emby plugin within video-addons.

The server address and port is correct and on my emby server, it reports seeing that KODI connecting with the correct user ID.

ddurdle
13:16:46 T:140628277053184   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(10, /home/durdle/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.emby" dependent on version 2.19.0 of the xbmc.python api

13:16:46 T:140628277053184  NOTICE: Webserver: Starting...

13:16:46 T:140628277053184   ERROR: WebServer: Failed to start the webserver

Angelblue05

We use the webserver to cache your artwork. If you go to kodi settings > services > webserver, are you able to enable it? What if you change the port, are you able to enable it? Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

feerlessleadr

Not sure what box you are using, but I got the webserver error when I accidentally had kodi & SPMC open at the same time on my shield, since both apps were trying to use 8080 for the webserver.

Check to see if anything else is running on your webserver port, or, try changing the port in settings and restarting kodi.

Edited by feerlessleadr

ddurdle

That turned out to be the issue.  I was not aware the plugin would be attempting to turn on the built in KODI webserver (used for http controls).  I did go into the settings saw the option and noticed right away the default port was 8080 which I'm already using on the device for something else.  Changed the port and all is now fine.

Thanks guys,

I noticed there is a plugins listing with Emby.  We need a developer's forum for discussion of plugins -- or is there already one?

I'm thinking about adding some support for cloud services like Google Drive for playback of media content (other then using .STRM files + KODI).

• Like 1