Jumps too far forward and can't skip back

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

This one is a bit weird but i'll try and describe whats happening as best i can and i'll get logs later.

the situation is usually watching recorded tv, stored locally and using mediaportal as the back-end but i don't believe that this makes a difference to a recorded tv file. tv is playing direct/v

when it gets to the ad break i fast forward a few times by repeatedly pressing ffw and occasionally it will jump maybe 15mins forward. when i try and skip back i don't seem to be able to get back to the right point. its possible its skipped so far forward that i'm not going back enough, i'm not sure. i havent been watching carefully enough on the time bar to properly see whats happening.

usually because we need to get back to whatever we were watching i'll stop playback completely and find the point from the start.

the device is a shield and the remote is a harmony emulating the shield game controller.

this happens semi regularly so i'll try and catch a good example

maegibbons

This is what I was referring to in another thread.  Seeking in Direct/V of .ts is *sometimes* a big issue.  Please give us the "option" of forcing transcode of .ts files so that seeking is accurate by default.

Here is the other topic https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48984-force-transcoding-of-ts-files/&do=findComment&comment=465815

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

I'm just going to disallow direct playback of that container.  It should only cause a re-mux but that should allow us to seek them properly.

• Like 1

maegibbons

Ok. I think thats an improvement.

Whilst remux detail can obviously be got from ffmpeg logs, is it possible to show this on the A/F TV debug osd - i.e Remux/I instread of Trans/I  - or even more detail on a "stats for nerds" page.

I think more detail on how the stream is being played would be useful on the client device.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

ok as that went so well i'm going to try what i think is my last playback issue on android tv (If this and the playback stops suddenly issues are fixed).

i mentioned the same issue when testing iptv as a source for making recordings from, abandoned because it was too unreliable. one of the issues i had was that if a show was being recorded and i was watching the same or a different show at the same time, as the recording finishes the live tv stream also pauses and cannot be restarted. i can only back out and restart the channel. at the time this was blamed on the iptv provider and i couldnt really question this even though i have the ability to get 6 concurrent streams.

but i am still seeing the same with live tv from mediaportal. tonight i left the news at ten on while the recording of the same program ran in mediaportal, finishes at 10.30pm + 3 mins post padding. the live tv stream paused at 10.33pm. i can see that these appear to be unconnected but its happening consistently (maybe every other day) at exactly the time a recording finishes. i'm seeing this on android tv as its my main client but i'm not sure if its a server issue. 

logs emby.txt

(If this and the playback stops suddenly issues are fixed).

Have you seen the playback stopping problem in the past few days?

Have you tested the seeking issue with the latest Android TV beta (31+)?

I'm pretty sure your other scenario is happening on the server or with the provider.

Spaceboy

Have you tested the seeking issue with the latest Android TV beta (31+)?

I'm pretty sure your other scenario is happening on the server or with the provider.

i haven't seen the seeking issue today but it wasn't regular at all.

Ok, but it must be the server because there is no provider now. Is it possible to move the post and logs to a new thread in the server section?