Emby theater re-authenticates every 15ish min

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I woke up this morning to find my server activity log filled with a dew dozen "darkassassin07 has successfully authenticated" entries, one every 15min.

The app was the last thing open on my phone however was not active at all. Ie sitting in recent apps but not the currently selected app.

Re-auth is a little unnecessary when not active, but reporting every re-auth as a new event is even more unnecessary...

darkassassin07

I think its a minor bug that the app continues to re-authenticate when not in use.

And as a side note when the app re-auths for the same session it shouldn't add to the activity log filling it with clutter and making it hard to find useful info, though from what i have heard, the activity log will be getting an over haul sometime in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This looks to be the background sync process. We'll be looking to improve this for a future update. thanks.

sebasmiles

It just ends up spamming the log in the dashboard which is annoying as I can't see if others have had issues.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

• 3 weeks later...
darkassassin07

Has there been any progress on this?

Id like to start having my server sleep when inactive, but because of this my server is never inactive even when not actually being used for hours or even days.

Given the option I'd abandon the android apps for now but a few of my users don't really have any other choice... :/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

This is resolved for the next update to the android app, with Emby Server 4.0+. Thanks !

• 1 month later...