Sync Problem - Metadata removed on restart

acnp77

Angelblue05

Alright, I'll let you know once I got something for you to test. Thanks again for providing your logs. This helps debug wayyy faster :)

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@acnp77

I've looked into this, and I believe I have found the issue. Long short short, the two music libraries is what is causing your issue, however it's really a bug in the addon code. Just never detected because people usually have only one music library.

The fix will be a little more complex, tomorrow I should have a build for you to test. Thanks :)

• Like 1

acnp77

great! thanks a lot!

EDIT:

Just wanted to let you know that the addon works fine with two librarys in kodi v15.x. I don't know if this is important to the issue- just wanted to let you know ;)

Let me know if I can assist you in any way.

CHEERS

Edited by acnp77

Angelblue05

Did you run a manual sync? A fast sync would not cause this error because we don't actually compare the content.

Edit: Do you see the audiobook library in v15?

The issue is per Music library, we pull all artists in kodi (regardless of the library they belong to, yikes), then we pull artists from emby with the library id and compare the content. That's why stuff is getting removed. When it goes to process your second music library, it pulls all artists from Kodi, but then when we query Emby with the library id, it returns no artists because it's an audio book library. When it compares, it removes all the artists from the first music library. I hope this makes sense :P

Edit: Anyway, I should have a build for you to try tomorrow.

Edited by Angelblue05

acnp77

makes sense... thanks!

you asked if I run a manual sync...

Please forgive me if my terminology is not correct... the sync that I am talking about and that breaks my music library is the one that starts automatically when kodi is rebooted.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Angelblue05

@@acnp77

Give this a try, just run a manual sync, let me know how it goes.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

acnp77

Thank you. I tried it, but it did not sync any music.

The movies and tv shows are ok. But the music lib is completely empty.

Settings: addon-mode, enable music-lib "yes", direct stream music lib.

I did a manual sync, here is the log:

***removed***

Cheers

Edited by acnp77
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Sorry, not a manual sync but a repair sync. Since all the content was removed from Kodi already.

I'll be back in a few hours. Hopefully a repair sync does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

acnp77

I am sorry, but I did not work. hope I am not doing anything wrong on my side...

I did a repair sync... music lib still empty.

I did a complete fresh install of kodi and plugin.video.emby-2.3.49a.zip  and tried manual sync and repair sync. but the music library is non-existant.

All I get under "music" now is the standard info-text that you get after a fresh install of kodi, saying that the music lib is currently empty.

To make sure my music lib is ok on the server I installed kodi v15 and kodi-emby-addon v 2.3.48. This works fine, and syncs both my music libs correctly.

Cheers

Angelblue05

Let's try this again. You got an error in your latest log, but it also shows none of your artists being removed so that was resolved.

This build should do it, let me know. You should be able to do a manual sync.

plugin.video.emby-2.3.49a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

acnp77

YOU DID IT!

The manual sync (and everthing else) works perfectly, even with more than one music lib.

Nothing gets removed anymore.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Will make sure do donate a truck load of chocolate and beer ;)

CHEERS

Edited by acnp77
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Sweet baby jesus! I'm just glad it's fixed. Thanks a lot for your patience and for providing your logs. Don't forget to go back and edit your posts if needed. :)

• Like 1

acnp77

Beautiful - really great! your support is much appreciated!

btw: should I remove my posts on this subjects? or what do you mean with "edit my posts?"

CHEERS