FR - Control log size

Untoten

Untoten

Many users have this issue including me where I have ~9GB log files which are troublesome for many reasons.  It would be nice to have more control over this (debugging is disabled).

PenkethBoy

Only time my log file grew to anything like this was with DLNA enabled and a device (sony tv) that was having issues with emby - long since fixed

Have you looked for error message is your log file? If so would you care to share as a 9GB log file is not the norm

Not sure where the "Many users" comes from?

You have issues with high memory usage - i would speculate that the large log files and the high memory usage are related - so if you give us some info then we should be able to help you out.

Untoten

Only time my log file grew to anything like this was with DLNA enabled and a device (sony tv) that was having issues with emby - long since fixed

Have you looked for error message is your log file? If so would you care to share as a 9GB log file is not the norm

Not sure where the "Many users" comes from?

You have issues with high memory usage - i would speculate that the large log files and the high memory usage are related - so if you give us some info then we should be able to help you out.

I would love to but no text parser I have can parse a 9gb log, do you have a reccomended solution?  I would upload logs but since I cannot parse, I cannot redact, and I wish to redact before uploading to the world.

PenkethBoy

Yes

Restart your server - wait 10-15 minutes - then restart again - that will limit the log size to something smaller and have some if not all of the info Luke et al need to help diagnose the problem.

If you have any plugins loaded - i would uninstall all those first - as that will limit the possible sources of mem leak and generating log files of large size.

You can always add them back in one by one if the smaller log does not show anything of note.

As for a "parser" TextPad will load a file that size assuming you have enough spare ram available - but a smaller log file will be more manageable