End Times - OSD Flicker

dbowles1975

dbowles1975

The end times shown on the OSD always seem to track with the time the stream was started and not the actual time the program should end. I also noticed that whenever a show is about to end the OSD comes and goes several times (usually 4 or 5). Is  there anything I can do to correct this? 

dbowles1975

Hi, can you please discuss an example with screenshots? Thanks !

Yes, thanks. I snapped a picture from my phone:

http://imgur.com/jx72P1a

Notice that the end time is earlier than the current time. That end time is actually the time I tuned to the channel. The flicker I spoke of happens, in this case, right at 1:00PM when this program ends. The OSD will come up as if you pushed the down button then it disappears on its own within a second. This happens 4 or 5 times then stops. Imagine hitting down then back on the remote 5 times in a row. It only happens when a program is about to end. 

dbowles1975

It seems the OSD issue is resolved in beta. It only came up for a few seconds as the next program started which I assume is by design.

The issue with the end time is still there. It shows as whatever time you start the stream and sometimes it doesn't show at all.

Thanks for the help. 

dbowles1975

@@ebr - can we take a look at the issue with the end times for live tv mentioned above? The OSD issue seems resolved in beta but the end time issue still persists. Thanks. 

Should be fixed in the next beta (as well as the progress bar which no one had reported yet :)).

• Like 1

maegibbons

Hi @@ebr can you be more precise on beta versions in future posts please :D

You know you dont like people using "i have the latest beta" well "next beta" is just as bad!!

I still see this issue in 1.4.31a and i dont know if that is the "next" beta or not that you refered to.

Also just rolled on to a new program at 9pm and in the server dashboard it is still reporting the previous program NAME in the panel although the Elapsed time within the program is right. Not sure if this one is for you or @@Luke

Krs

Mark

I still see this issue in 1.4.31a and i dont know if that is the "next" beta or not that you refered to.

Also just rolled on to a new program at 9pm and in the server dashboard it is still reporting the previous program NAME in the panel although the Elapsed time within the program is right. Not sure if this one is for you or @@Luke

Still see which issue because those two statements seem to contradict each other - unless you are saying it was flashing with the old program info...

.30 should have eliminated the end time problem.  However, if the program information doesn't change, then, obviously, the end time is not going to be right either.

maegibbons

Sorry for my inaccuracy as well :unsure:

I was referring to end time - osd flash appears fixed.  In FTV app program NAME in OSD had changed but end time had not.  On server the Program Name was wrong/(hadn't changed from previous) but it was still tracking correct time index within program

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

dbowles1975

The end time is correct when you initially start watching a program but once the program ends the OSD doesn't update with the new program name or end time. The flickering is gone, though. 

Can one of you guys please let it cross a program boundary for at least 30 seconds and then exit out and send a log?

dbowles1975

Can one of you guys please let it cross a program boundary for at least 30 seconds and then exit out and send a log?

Absolutely. I'm out and about right now but if someone doesn't get to it before me I'll send one this evening. 

Thanks.  I see the app updating the information so I'm not sure what is going on there.  I'll have to try and reproduce locally.

Not sure I was really able to reproduce this situation but can you please test it again with 1.4.34?  Thanks.

maegibbons

My MI Box didnt ever get the .33 update so hopefully it will pick up the .34

I will also test on ATV when that finally hits the uk - always takes 24-48hrs!!

Krs

Mark

dbowles1975

Not sure I was really able to reproduce this situation but can you please test it again with 1.4.34?  Thanks.

Well done, @@ebr. It seems to work as expected now. Thanks!

Edited by dbowles1975