Next up menus failing with docker server.

BarryAmerika

BarryAmerika

I'm getting an error with AndroidTV client that I think relates to docker. I have been slowly migrating to a new server and only have this problem on the docker server. In the androidTV clients when I reset the app and run for the first time everything works fine but after that I am not able to view any Next Up type menus. This happens on either stable or beta AndroidTV apps.

The error occurs on Nvidia Shield, Sony TV, Nexus Player and Xiaomi Mi Box clients.

The error that flashes on screen is:

Attempt to read from field 'sun.util.calendar.BaseCalendar$Date java.util.Date.cdate' on a null object reference

I'm also seeing strange date behaviour with emby for kodi plugin (see screenshot - date shows as 1905) but everything works OK. EmbyCon for Kodi presents no issues.

The regular android clients seems to work fine (and now allows offline sync!).

Should I paste server logs? App logs? I have sent a log via the AndroidTV app.

In docker config I have tried using environment variables of '- TZ=Australia/Sydney' and no time values at all.

Have started fresh twice with docker install and recreating configuration.

Docker server is Debian jessie i5-4570 with 16GB ram.

59729815e98e9_embykodi.png

but after that I am not able to view any Next Up type menus. 

Can you please be more specific?  What, exactly, is happening?

I have sent a log via the AndroidTV app.

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

BarryAmerika

Thanks ebr, sorry for the missing details.

logs sent at 9.50am 23/07/17 Australian Eastern Standard time.

Local servers connected to were 'horus' (Debian via Docker), 'osiris' (Windows 10). User in both cases was 'Matt'.

In Android TV client the app appears unable to read the next up information when connected to my docker server.

The error appears to be time related.

The error does not occur when connected to Windows server. This makes me think it is at the server end and a problem with my docker config somehow.

On launching the emby app or the home screen the main menu is unable to display 'Next Up TV' or 'New Premieres'. If going into the TV Library and choosing to view 'Suggestions' the 'Next Up' section is unable to be read and error occurs.

The error does not occur in the regular Android app, or web client. The Next Up information can be read and used by both Emby for Kodi and EmbyCon plugins however the Emby For Kodi Plugin shows incorrect date information for all shows and lists them as being from 1905 or 1906.

Tested on NVidia Shield, Xiaomi Mi Box, Nexus Player and Sony Bravia Android TV Clients. Tested with both stable and Beta apps.

Error in all cases is:-

Attempt to read from field 'sun.util.calendar.BaseCalendar$Date java.util.Date.cdate' on a null object reference

Main Menu

U9RmR47.jpg

TV - Suggestions

DqYyAbQ.jpg

Thanks.  I think I've found it.

For immediate relief, you can disable the "New Premieres" feature in the settings.