Emby Server Not Releasing Tuners

srolomc

srolomc

For some reason it seems that Emby server sometimes does not release my tuners.  We were planning on watching a show tonight, but are unable to because all tuners are locked to a channel; I cannot restart the server to free them (which has freed them in the past) because I am also recording something.  Has this happened to anyone before?  Also I remember there used to be a button on the live tv server manager page to reset tuners a while ago, is there a reason that was removed? I ask because that could have allowed me to release a tuner without having to restart the server.  I am using Schedules Direct. I uploaded my latest log from the server.

emby_log.txt

x-cimo

I have seen this with my HDHomerun, I have reported what was the issue to @Luke;  I haven't heard anything since. :(

Guest asrequested

I usually get this when I close Theater while Live TV is active. That tuner is not disengaged and I have to restart the sever. 

Edited by Doofus

clarkss12

If you are using the HDHomeRun tuners, you can use Warpsters Network Monitor which runs in Windows, to free the tuner.  I use it all the time.  I have found out that if I just close an Emby app while streaming live TV, it will NOT release the tuner.  I have to remember to use the app back button, then it releases the tuner.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=12216&start=60#p95184

I usually get this when I close Theater while Live TV is active. That tuner is not disengaged and I have to restart the sever.  The log is huge. The section where the tuner is not being released, is at the end, around 8:06pm

Reported here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48769-server-does-not-release-tv-tuner-when-client-closed

Workaround in the meantime is to just stop the video before closing the app.

For some reason it seems that Emby server sometimes does not release my tuners.  We were planning on watching a show tonight, but are unable to because all tuners are locked to a channel; I cannot restart the server to free them (which has freed them in the past) because I am also recording something.  Has this happened to anyone before?  Also I remember there used to be a button on the live tv server manager page to reset tuners a while ago, is there a reason that was removed? I ask because that could have allowed me to release a tuner without having to restart the server.  I am using Schedules Direct. I uploaded my latest log from the server.

Is this log from when you tried to play and they were locked, or from the earlier activity that caused the locking? 

denz

I have the same issue when for whatever reason server is reporting that I am watching something but that stream didn't start on emby theatre but just a spinning circle shows up. 

srolomc

Luke,

This log should have been from when I tried to play and the tuner was locked; I am not exactly sure when the tuners got locked up.  I could post try posting a different log from when I think that may have happened if that would help.