Amazon Fire 7 tablet for kids

Tur0k

Tur0k

Hello all,

about a month ago my 2.5 Y.O. son dunked his iPod that was wrapped in a penguin rubber case in the sink with some other toys.  needless to say this fried the device.  The only 2 complaints I had on IOS devices was that their $30+ warranty plan forces you to pay $100 to repair a $130 device and I couldn't download movies to the IOS device to play when not connected to a wifi network (this is likely the outcome of the walled garden approach Apple has to software and features). 

My wife said it was time to get him another tablet, so I decided to pickup a different tablet vendor to see what the experience is like on the alternative.  Amazon day had Amazon Fire 7 tablets for kids with a really good warranty on them and a few bucks cheaper than normal.  I picked one up.  It was a breeze to setup, and I was able to get the netflix app installed and connected without much trouble.  I found out that apparently Emby isn't available from the amazon fire store when i searched for "Emby".  i looked online and see that many users noted that the Emby app is only compatible with the Fire 8 HD now.  Did I do something incorrectly in searching for the app, or am I stuck up creek with this Fire 7 Tablet?  Is there any plan to make the Emby app available on the Amazon Fire 7 tablet?

Edited by Tur0k

We are working on making this available again for Amazon fire tablets. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

In the meantime the web app supports the Chrome "Add to home" feature, so you can pin it to your homescreen and that will give you a fullscreen app when you launch it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Tur0k

We are working on making this available again for Amazon fire tablets. Apologies for the inconvenience.

In the meantime the web app supports the Chrome "Add to home" feature, so you can pin it to your homescreen and that will give you a fullscreen app when you launch it. Thanks.

Good to know, the browser is difficult to teach my son to use, as he gets lost browsing. We will try to use it for now. thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdiesel

Have you tried browsing to http://tv.emby.media instead of the regular web interface? The theater version should be simpler to navigate. You may have to go to settings and change the display mode. I personally use the TV mode on my tablet.

Edited by Jdiesel