Live TV with Categories

uthall

Just to add to this I was looking for just this I wanted to combine streaming my local media and IPTV to my smart devices, this seamed perfect IPTV support EPG recording etc... install it set it up pay for a sub then find that theres no channel management so with my provider I've got 40k odd channels (they have a lot of VoD as well) With categorys I could manage them but without that its simply to much. No search feature for content and no option to hide channels makes its very unfriendly to use.

I guess I will be cancelling my sub until I can find something else. Its really a shame as im after something to replace a STB, so channels with categories and management, seaching / epg, recording, series recording etc. Emby was close but no cigar it seams and apprently 3 years down the line its not coming any time soon either.

alexpaton

Just to add to this I was looking for just this I wanted to combine streaming my local media and IPTV to my smart devices, this seamed perfect IPTV support EPG recording etc... install it set it up pay for a sub then find that theres no channel management so with my provider I've got 40k odd channels (they have a lot of VoD as well) With categorys I could manage them but without that its simply to much. No search feature for content and no option to hide channels makes its very unfriendly to use.

I guess I will be cancelling my sub until I can find something else. Its really a shame as im after something to replace a STB, so channels with categories and management, seaching / epg, recording, series recording etc. Emby was close but no cigar it seams and apprently 3 years down the line its not coming any time soon either.

Many of us are using a program called xteve, to manage this for us, until this feature arrives - www.xteve.de

There is a thread on this forum, which is dedicated to this.

You can remove all of your VODs and reduce your channels to just those countries channels that you want.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

Yea, 3 Years and Promised by the end of this year.....14 Days left.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
flipflop1288
On 7/21/2020 at 5:01 AM, Luke said:

Not yet but hopefully soon.

Soon will be the moment I start using emby premiere. Not yet but hopefully soon. The same amount of soon

This is in active development and TESTING so it will be soonish. 

Edited by cayars
  • Haha 1

It's a slightly modified version of Locast2Plex.

It requires that the person has an account on Locast.org and is a donator which is $5 per month.

Edited by cayars

• 1 month later...
Chris811
On 13/09/2020 at 17:15, cayars said:

This is in active development and TESTING so it will be soonish. 

Hey,

Is there any update on this? 

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
sleepyhound

Man if this was implemented you’d have my annual subscription for life... was looking to see if this feature existed and see you’ve all been tugged along for years. Hopefully devs actually mean it when they say they’re working on it now but doesn’t seem true... To me this is such a base feature for M3U playlist support. Without it the feature is a glorified USB media player.

• Like 2

Chris811
On 24/01/2021 at 00:55, sleepyhound said:

Man if this was implemented you’d have my annual subscription for life... was looking to see if this feature existed and see you’ve all been tugged along for years. Hopefully devs actually mean it when they say they’re working on it now but doesn’t seem true... To me this is such a base feature for M3U playlist support. Without it the feature is a glorified USB media player.

I had premier for a while expecting this but months and months passed so I cancelled it. Hopefully they are actually working on it since I'm with you I would have subscription for life!!

Luke has added something cool to the code for the next Beta that will be nice for many of you wanting some way to group channels.
Stay tuned for more info on this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Luke has added something cool to the code for the next Beta that will be nice for many of you wanting some way to group channels.

This is great to hear ! Thanks 👍

Would it be cheeky to ask now about potentially adding the ability to login with xtream API instead of only m3u ? 🤪

18 minutes ago, KoteZA said:

Would it be cheeky to ask now about potentially adding the ability to login with xtream API instead of only m3u ? 🤪

Yes :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Chris811
On 25/01/2021 at 10:03, cayars said:

Hello, when is this expected to go out?

EODCrafter

FYI, Before you waste your time, It (Beta) Doesn't work (Channel groups) on Android Devices yet. (Or maybe just shield...haven't tested others)

Edited by EODCrafter
add

Yes as mentioned earlier, Emby apps will need to be updated to use the new features. We're getting those updates out as quickly as we can. Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EODCrafter said:

FYI, Before you waste your time, It (Beta) Doesn't work (Channel groups) on Android Devices yet. (Or maybe just shield...haven't tested others)

This is available in the current beta release on the Shield.  There is a new button on the toolbar where you can select the tags to filter by in the guide.

• Like 2