Problem with app.emby.media

Tur0k

Tur0k

All,

Hello, I am having trouble with app.emby.media. I have an Emby premiere account. I just purchased an Amazon dot and would like to integrate it with my home automation and Emby. I haven't needed app.emby.media until now. In order to tie the echo skill to my Emby instance I have to use my app.emby.media premiere account and it would appear that my server needs to be listed.

I have been trying to add my server and it allows me to add it, and connect to my instance but app.emby.media does not save the connection the next time I connect to app.emby.media. My Emby server is formatted as: https://mysubdomain.mydomain.net and allows connections on port 443.

I have a domain from google and ssl certificates from let's encrypt.

Note: I am using a reverse proxy to ssl offload to my firewall and enforce stricter protocol rules instead of letting my Emby server do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

Tur0k

Ok, I see where i biffed up.  I have an emby connect account.  I didn't know I needed to go to my emby server and link one of my local emby accounts to my emby connect account (server dashboard - users - <pick a user> - profile tab - Emby username or email address:).  once I did that my emby connect account received an invitation.  I accepted the invitation now my Emby server is listed on my Emby connect account regardless of where i login from.  this is nice as, now I don't need to login 2 times from my smart devices.  I linked my emby connect account to a non-admin local emby user account.  there shouldn't be any problem with doing this right? I am now able to see the server after adding the skill to my echo and logging in with my emby connect account.  now to start playing. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Tur0k

Angelblue05

No problem. Alexa works like a remote control. So, you'll be able query info accessible to that user and playback content that user has access to. Hope this answers your question. :)

Tur0k

Ok, got stuck again. I am trying to get alexa to do anything with Alexa. All I get back is "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Emby skill right now." I looked it up on the web and found this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/47060-emby-with-amazon-alexa/. It looked like I needed to bind the skill to a player. I tried "Alexa ask Emby to change the player" the dot thought for a bit then said "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Emby skill right now." I tried disabling and reconnecting the Emby skill to my Emby connect account, and was able to select my server but had the same problem.