MB Intros

manny

I'm having a problem setting up MB Intros (1.0.0.4) for a second profile. Hopefully someone can help.

I have two users, the first is the main one (includes all content) and the second for my daughter (just her content).

When I play content from the main profile it plays an intro and 2 trailers from my collection. Cool.

I now want to set something similar for my daughter and her profile but with a different intro.

When I click Plugins -> MB Intros I have the default MB Intros Profile for my main user. Then the second profile with (none) next to it. 

If I click this profile I get an option to add 'Users that will follow this profile', how ever there is only one user in the drop down i.e. my main account and not my daughters.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, I tried repeating the above by creating a new profile to link my daughters user too but this wouldn't work and I can't delete either my first or second attempt :-(

mboehler

Hi, manny!

What version of MB Server are you using?  

I am using MB Server version 3.0.5135.31685 and MB Intros version 1.0.0.4, and I can confirm your problem.  Here are the steps to recreate the problem:

1) Create a MB Intros profile (in my case test).

2) Add a user to this profile (in my case Daughter).

3) Delete this profile (test).

4) Create a new profile (or use a pre-existing profile).

5) Attempt to add the user (Daughter).  This user will not show up in the list.

Here is a work-around:

1) On the PC that MB Server is installed on, browse to: %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations

2) Find and edit the file MBIntros.xml

3) Find the item that looks like this and remove it:

<item>

<key>
        <string>Daughter</string>
      </key>
      <value>
        <string>test</string>
      </value>
    </item>
4) Save MBIntros.xml
5) Restart MB Server

Now, when you go back into the MB Intros plugin, Daughter will be placed back into the default profile.  You can then add Daughter to any other profile.

What you can do to avoid this in the future is remove the user from the profile before you delete it.  When you remove a user from a profile, it places that user back into Default and the user can then be assigned to another profile.
  • Like 1

mboehler

Alternately, you can just delete the MBIntros.xml from %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations, reboot MB Server, and set-up your intros again.

Alternately, you can just delete the MBIntros.xml from %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins\configurations, reboot MB Server, and set-up your intros again.

Thanks mboehler, I've removed the XML entries and even removed the file and restarted.

Each occasion I only the one user available in the drop down :-(

mboehler

@@mboehler can you please re-run your test scenario with this version of Intros and see if it is fixed?

@@ebr

That seems to have done it.  Now when I delete a profile that has users in it, those users are put back in the default profile.

Good work!

mboehler

Thanks mboehler, I've removed the XML entries and even removed the file and restarted.

Each occasion I only the one user available in the drop down :-(

Is it some sort of permissions problem maybe?  Try this:

1. Completely remove the MBIntros.xml file (or rename it to something else).

2. Restart the server.

3. Go back into the MBIntros plugin.

All of your users should now be assigned to the default profile.  Does this happen for you?

Edited by mboehler

I  dropped the 1.0.0.5 .dll that ebr posted above and it's working. 

However when I set my daughters profile up it created another one with (none) next to it. So I deleted this and it stopped working. 

I've re-added my daughters profile and the extra one was automatically created. Not really bothered by this entry as it's working again :-)

Big thanks