Series recording not saving in series in library

ewalkersc

ewalkersc

If I record an episode off of live tv and have that series in my TV library, it does not save that as part of the library.  It only keeps it in recordings.  Are these 2 not integrated that way?

No, you'd have to customize your recording folder to be your TV series folder.

mastrmind11

If I record an episode off of live tv and have that series in my TV library, it does not save that as part of the library.  It only keeps it in recordings.  Are these 2 not integrated that way?

They aren't automatically integrated, but if you add your recordings folder to your tv library it'll do what you want.

dranderson402

Would there be a problem using the TV library's folder as the folder for recordings? Or would all of the items already in the tv library's folder show up under recordings?

mastrmind11

Would there be a problem using the TV library's folder as the folder for recordings? Or would all of the items already in the tv library's folder show up under recordings?

The series combine into a single series since they share the same metadata/naming convention/folder structure.  Recorded content is marked differently that non-recorded, so they stay segregated, but appear in a single library as if they were sourced from the same place.  I've been running it like this for over a year, works perfectly.