Question about parental control

ewalkersc
Go to solution Solved by ewalkersc,

ewalkersc

After recording live tv, the recording does not include any parental rating information for use by parental control.  This data exists in the nfo file as provided by schedules direct, but it's not included in the file or used by Emby anywhere.  The recording shows as having no rating.

ewalkersc

I have a child account with parental control that is set to not show unrated recordings.  The child account can't see any recordings.  Where would it be set or used?

It sounds like it doesn't have a rating. Have you tried assigning a rating manually?

ewalkersc

No    I have not   

Do you want me to try that to see if the rating shows up or is that a proposed solution?  I do not want to have to manually set ratings on all recordings.  I have TV series in my library with ratings that work fine and use ratings on TV channels themselves that work.  I would expect the recording to incorporate the provided rating information somewhere automatically.

We do save the rating from the guide data of there was any. It sounds like for this program there wasn't so you'll need to set a rating manually.

ewalkersc

I see the rating info in the .nfo file in the same directory, but where does emby look for the rating info.  Should it be in the mkv metadata or the .nfo file?

Live TV has a bunch of strange ratings associated with it like "APPROVED".  More than likely, whatever is being provided in the data is not recognized by Emby.