App frozen/grey screen + request for delete button

zaggles

zaggles

Hi,

I just wanted to report a very annoying bug.  When using the Emby app on Firestick, if I exit the app by using the Home button, use another app (e.g. Netflix), then attempt to return to the Emby app, the app will freeze and get stuck on a grey screen.  I am then forced to restart the Firestick to get it to work again.

The only workaround that I have found is to exit the app by repeatedly pressing the back button until the app closes.

I would also like to request that you add a "Delete" button to make it easier to delete recordings.  Currently, if I want to delete something, then I have to click through 4-5 screens to get to that option.  I have to  go to Recordings - select show and go to the particular show screen - then select season and it takes me to list of episodes - then select episode and it takes me to a screen with information on the episode - then selecting "more options" and only then can I delete that episode. Selecting a video elsewhere by pressing "Ok" also does not provide the ability to delete the episode.

This should be an option when you press the "Options" button on the remote or when you select a video by pressing "Ok".  I posted about this three months ago and was told "ebr quote 'The delete option should appear in that menu too - I'll look at that'."

Delete will be available on the context menu in the next release and there are mods currently in development that hopefully, will help the gray screen issue.  If you want to follow the instructions to join the beta on Amazon, you can try them out.

Thanks.

SAFD1450

Emby server 3.2.25.0

Emby (firetv) 1.4.17a

Fire OS 5.2.4.2 (574263120)

I'm having the same gray screen. Here's what is happening for me.

-Open emby

-Library > movies > pick movie

-Enjoy selected movie

-push back button until I'm at emby home screen

-push home button

-watch any other app (Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, anything else)

-enjoy show

-push home button

-select emby

-watch gray screen (no buttons, no loading screen, nothing. It immediately goes gray and doesn't respond to any button sequence

- push home button

-go to firetv settings

-force close emby

-relaunch emby

-enjoy

Im not sure the wait time from the time I exit Emby, open another app, close app, open Emby and see gray screen. It does not happen if I do it right away, but it does after an hour or two sometimes, and always if it's the next day when I reopen Emby.

Emby server 3.2.25.0

Emby (firetv) 1.4.17a

Fire OS 5.2.4.2 (574263120)

I'm having the same gray screen. Here's what is happening for me.

-Open emby

-Library > movies > pick movie

-Enjoy selected movie

-push back button until I'm at emby home screen

-push home button

-watch any other app (Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN, anything else)

-enjoy show

-push home button

-select emby

-watch gray screen (no buttons, no loading screen, nothing. It immediately goes gray and doesn't respond to any button sequence

- push home button

-go to firetv settings

-force close emby

-relaunch emby

-enjoy

Im not sure the wait time from the time I exit Emby, open another app, close app, open Emby and see gray screen. It does not happen if I do it right away, but it does after an hour or two sometimes, and always if it's the next day when I reopen Emby.

Can you please try out the beta (see instructions above)?

• Like 1

SAFD1450

It's only been 24 hours since I tried the beta, but so far so good. No more gray screens.

The only thing I would like to report (not even sure it's a beta issue or just something that happened with my files), when I added 4 new movies Emby picked them up and added them but when I sorted by add date they were inserted with a date from about a month ago. I thought at first that they were missing but when i resorted by name I found them right away. Never have had this happen in the past with Emby.

@@SAFD1450 thanks for the feedback on the gray screen.

As far as the date goes, this might be expected behavior depending on:

• Your date added setting in the emby server dashboard, under library -> advanced
  • The date created timestamp of the video
  • If the video had a pre-existing nfo, the added value within the nfo

Thanks.