Trouble Syncing Music Library

reggierat

Angelblue05

has a library scan been run since adding those music files?

Just want to make sure you didn't miss the reply here @@Luke

Library scan has definitely been run

Angelblue05

@@Luke

I will repeat my original question, what is the best way to rebuild the music library in Emby? Does simply deleting the library in Emby, then re-adding it do the trick? This is to remove bad ids.

deleting library.db might not be a bad thing to try, but of course he'll have to back up watch data.

• Like 1

reggierat

Have deleted library.db, updated to latest version of Emby, performed library scan.

Performed database repair, still the same issue

Angelblue05

@@reggierat

Have you removed the music library from Emby too? Or did you just delete the library.db?

A repair sync wouldn't fix this, you need to do a local database to remove the bad ids. When the repair runs, we just take what's already existing and force update the metadata. But it will not fix bad links. Try a reset local database instead, let me know if it resolves this.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

No, I just wanted to know exactly what you did. But let me know if a reset, rather than a repair fixes it. Otherwise, we'll ask Luke. Thank you for your patience trying to work this out. :)

reggierat

sorry for the delay.  it seemed like the original library rebuild failed over night.  So i've since completed re-installed Emby, setup the libraries again and have performed a database reset.  Same result still..

Angelblue05

So then there must be a bug somewhere, when Emby adds your music or something. How is your music folder sorted? Is it Artist > albums > songs? I don't know of anyone else with your music issue reggierat. As far as I'm aware, people who import their music into Kodi have all their artists and songs show up just like in the webclient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reggierat

The thing is Emby Server seems to add the music fine and i can see it all in the web client, and this was all working fine previously, before upgrading to the latest version of Kodi.  Upgrade was a fresh install though so required setting up the kodi addon again.

The music is an itunes library synced from another of PC's in the house. So Artist-Album-Song etc

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@reggierat

The only change for music in the add-on is: Change the extension for direct streaming music (it uses the actual extension rather than defaulting to mp3). And when we do a manual sync (a compare sync), I changed grabbing music from your server per library to all libraries at once. It would certainly not cause the issue you are experiencing.

For some reason, the artists linked to your songs and albums is not the same artists that is returned when we query your server for artists. If I add the bad entry as music artist, it will get erased when a manual sync is run because the id is not returned by the server as a music artist.

Let's stick with Paul McCartney for now. In your logs, I see two ids: 03c2e997758d9ca69e7dcb7b3be6ae1b (MusicArtist) - 92a82082ce59cda5e7d4f3a1b1ad61bf (Unknown)

We have to figure out what is the media type of the duplicated artist, so @@Luke can have an idea of why your server is creating two separate entries for your artists (one that is a MusicArtist, and the other that is something else).

With those ids in mind, can you check paul mccartney in your webclient > music library?

1. Check Albums > Escape: The Classic Chillout Album [Disc 2] - Press the 3 dots next to a song with Paul McCartney > View artist, it should move to the artist Paul McCartney. Check the url of the page, which id above, does it contain?
  2. Check Artists > Paul McCartney. Check the url again, which id do you see?
  3. Check Music Artists > If Paul McCartney also appears there, let me know which id you see in the page url.

Angelblue05

@@Luke

I don't know yet, that's why I'm asking for more info.

When we call:

/emby/Artists   the first id is returned, but not the second one. So it's safe to say the second one is it not a MusicArtist type, right? Or is this entrypoint the wrong choice to get all artists?

The second id is only found as part of the 'ArtistItems' list when we pull albums and songs using:

/emby/Users/{UserId}/Items    with filters MusicAlbum and Audio/Audio.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Don't know, we don't try anything with the id, because it will always process Artists first and it would wipe it off since it's not a MusicArtist.  Once reggierat gets back to me on that, I'll let you know.

Edited by Angelblue05

reggierat

Hmm.. 

so when i check one of the song in The Classic Chillout album, the 1 song that has Paul McCartney as an artist actually has two artists listed for the song

None of those Id's seem to match

Check Albums > Escape: The Classic Chillout Album [Disc 2]

Check Artists > Paul McCartney

Check Music Artists > If Paul McCartney

post-67021-0-52040500-1502665325_thumb.jpg

Angelblue05

Oh wait... Right, you rebuilt your library in Emby. That's why the ids do not match to what I said.

When you enter the Music Artist Entry Paul McCartney, do you see My soul listed under songs?

Angelblue05

and Paul McCarthy doesn't show up in Kodi under Artist since you rebuilt? Do you mind providing your kodi dbs again (Create a new backup in the add-on > advanced). I'm curious to see if the 17... id shows up.

Edited by Angelblue05

reggierat

Paul McCartney shows up in Kodi under artists with only one song listed, My Soul

In the webclient he has 2 song listed the second being Ebony and Ivory from the album All the Best

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Oh ok, so it's the album all the best that's missing right? If you search for All the best under Albums in the webclient, select the 3 dots next to ebony and ivory, does it link back to Paul McCartney with 1721a2c2aef8e31e2e32878f6b39dfe0 in the url?

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok, please enable debug in the add-on. While Kodi is running, in the webclient, on the album All the best > 3 dots > Edit Info > Save. Wait a few seconds, grab your Kodi log.Thank you. Hopefully that'll tell me what's the issue. Thank you again for helping troubleshoot this. I want to fix this issue for you. 

Edited by Angelblue05