Trouble Syncing Music Library

reggierat

reggierat

As the title suggests, i'm having some issues syncing a friends music library for them.  They have Emby running on a HP Microserver which has been running fine for atleast a year.  The media player running Kodi is an Asrock ION which was also running fine.  He wanted to upgrade to the latest version of Kodi so we initially performed the upgrade from OpenElec to LibreElec but were getting problems with the sync thread crashing.  Since then i have installed a fresh install of LibreElec 8.02 and adjust the number of items to be requested during sync.  The movie and tv show libraries have synced fine but the music library won't sync all items.

During the sync it gives the appearance that everything is syncing fine, no errors. When finished though, there will only be approximately 2000 out of a total of 14,000 songs.'

Should also mention, i have tried, resetting and repairing the database, forcing a manual re-sync etc.

server-63636172635.7z

log-2017-07-20-10.30.38.zip

Edited by reggierat

Angelblue05

Ok, I will look into it, it's the first time I see that happen tbh. Music is a bit hard in Kodi, but never only had part of it get imported.

I'll let you know when I got something for you to test. Sorry, and thanks for your patience :)

• Like 1

reggierat

I really appreciate you looking at this, but no luck so far. Installed addon, reset database and re-synced

Angelblue05

I don't see what could be the issue. There is no errors in your logs.

The way we import is pulling all artists, and as we process artists, we pull their respective albums and songs...

Let's try to narrow down, Are any artists missing? Or artists are all there, but some missing albums? or albums are there but missing songs?

Edited by Angelblue05

reggierat

Sorry for the slow update, i hadn't seen your reply.  After the most recent plugin update 

Kodi has the following

Artists - 977

Albums - 773

Songs - 1411

Emby has the following

Artists - 3764

Albums - 1227

Songs - 14397

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No problem. I resolved another music issue, but yours is not the same. Nonetheless, I'm not giving up. :)

So artists must be the issue, but why is the question. It's hard to tell without a log with emby for kodi set to debug (addon settings > advanced > log level). Are you admin on the server? Are you able to edit metadata info?

Anyway, the best log you'd be able to get me is doing a repair sync for music only (launch emby for kodi > repair sync > music) with emby for kodi set to debug. That will create a big log, but I'm hoping to see an error of sorts while we try to pull artists from the server. Do you think you can get me that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

reggierat

Yes to all of the above.  Just stepping out the door to head to work, but i will get that done this evening when i got home, again, thanks for your time with this .

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No, thank you for your patience trying to resolve this.

Angelblue05

Thanks, I will have a look later today.

@@reggierat

I haven't checked the log yet, but I forgot to ask you at the same time to provide one artist, album and song that's missing from the Kodi library (just their name/title should be enough). Thank you. I should have enough information then.

Edited by Angelblue05

reggierat

Artist: Paul McCartney

Album: All the best

Song: Ebony and Ivory

album itself appears to only contain the one song

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, something is up for sure. I finally am able to have a look at your log. Emby for Kodi knows there's 3764 artists. They all show up in the Emby and Kodi database. Thing is, in Kodi if the artist has no child items, it will not show up in the list. The issue is somehow, your child items are not linked to the proper music artist counterpart. It is definitely not normal.

UPDATE artist itemid: 03c2e997758d9ca69e7dcb7b3be6ae1b - Name: Paul McCartney <----- the MusicArtist we get

When we process your album and songs, the artist attached to them is {u'Name': u'Paul McCartney', u'Id': u'92a82082ce59cda5e7d4f3a1b1ad61bf'} <------ Different Id, which is not returned as MusicArtist!

@@Luke

What is the best way for the user to rebuild their music library in Emby, force Emby to flush those bad ids? This is causing items to not be properly linked together, and is reflected in Kodi since we pull all MusicArtists, then all MusicAlbums (link them up to the musicartists), then do the same for songs. I can't build around an id that would not return in MusicArtist, otherwise the entry will get erased when we compare the Kodi database to Emby.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

{u'Name': u'Paul McCartney', u'Id': u'92a82082ce59cda5e7d4f3a1b1ad61bf'} <------ Different Id, which is not returned as MusicArtist!

It does not return when we called /emby/Artists is really what I meant. I do not know what the Id corresponds to, but it only shows up is as ArtistItems for albums and songs (instead of Paul McCartney, the MusicArtist).

Edited by Angelblue05

reggierat

Sorry luke, what do you mean exactly?

I have run the repair recently, that was after installing the latest beta of the kodi plugin

Angelblue05

He was simply asking if, on your emby server, you ran a library scan since adding your music library.