Channel lineup with HDHR

rliepins

rliepins

Hi

I have an HDHR set up, but I can't seem to update the channels.  I have gone into the web interface for the HDHR and set what I wanted for a lineup, but they don't reflect in the guide in Emby.

Is there a cache to clear?  What logs should I be looking at?

Thanks 

Hi, what exactly doesn't reflect? What are you currently seeing, and what are you expecting to be seeing? thanks !

CBers

Have you added a guide provider to the Emby Live TV settings, such as Schedules Direct?

rliepins

Indeed I have.  In fact, a few weeks ago, all was working fine.  I use Schedules Direct.  The lineup that comes up falls short of what I have indicated for favorites and available channels on the HDHR.  I only get about 37 channels, where I should have over 100.

When I edit the guide provider and map the channels, it lists only that limited set I see in the guide itself.  I removed the guide and reapplied it, but I get the same limited set of channels in the mapping applet.

So, I do get some channels, but only a subset.  Also, I x'ed a channel out in the HDHR to prevent it from coming up, but it is still seen.  So it seems like something is not parsing correctly from Emby to the tuner to pol channel data.

rliepins

Roger that.  I have attached the server log.  There do seem to be some errors in there, however.

rliepins

I'm comparing the lineup.json file directly on the HDHR to the results pulled into Emby - they are different.

rliepins

Here is an example of a channel line from the lineup.json file that isn't getting pulled into Emby, but should be:

{"GuideNumber":"704","GuideName":"CCHDP","VideoCodec":"H264","AudioCodec":"AC3","HD":1,"DRM":1,"Favorite":1,"URL":"http://192.168.19.73:5004/auto/v704?CONTENTPROTECTIONTYPE=DTCP1&DTCP1HOST=192.168.19.73&DTCP1PORT=8888"}

OK, thats plain weird.  The ones that should be there show as DRM, but unless they must have somehow changed in the past 24 to 48 hours somehow.  Unless Comcast just did something...

Is it possible that the channel is currently broadcasting with DRM but only for a specific program it is showing?

rliepins

OK, problem solved.  I reran the HDHR channel detection and all is well now.

Thanks for the clue.

Thanks. It sounds like it is likely to happen again though. Maybe we should find out if that DRM flag is intended to represents the channel in it's entirety, or if it only represents that is currently playing right now.