ShieldTV and audio drops

nfinete

nfinete

I have a problem which I don't believe is isolated to Emby, in which my audio randomly cuts out for 2-3 seconds. Video continues to play uninterrupted. Most the files I have noticed it on are mkv's with ac3. I am bitstreaming the audio to my sony str-dn1070. I am not positive, but I don't think this is emby specific. I just use emby for 95% of my viewing, so I haven't noticed it elsewhere. Anyone have any ideas or settings I should try?

CBers

Is this during transcoded playback, or Direct Streaming? What does it say in the OSD?

Also, check all the cables are OK and are firmly connected.

No other apps, YouTube for example, having the same issues?

You could try Emby with an external player, such as MX Player or Archos Player to see if they have issues.

nfinete

Is this during transcoded playback, or Direct Streaming? What does it say in the OSD?

Also, check all the cables are OK and are firmly connected.

No other apps, YouTube for example, having the same issues?

You could try Emby with an external player, such as MX Player or Archos Player to see if they have issues.

Direct streaming. Cables are ok. I will have to check the OSD when I get home. I think plex does the same. It's just so random, it's hard to say. Emby is the app I used most, which is probably why I notice it there.