Release Date shows as Previous Day

paulsalter

paulsalter

Hi,

This has been an ongoing issue for a while with people who have a positive GMT offset

EG

I am in the UK (Currently GMT+1), everything is correctly set to this

I will record Emmerdale tonight (airs 19th July)

When it gets added to my library, metadata manager shows it as being release on 18th July

Theater does some trick with this to convert it back to the 19th so all displays fine in Theater

Can whatever is done in Theater be also added to the Roku app, as currently the Roku app just looks at Release Date from Media Manager which is wrong

Thanks

Background info

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26050-premiered-date-is-showing-up-wrong/

Edited by paulsalter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
paulsalter

This is still happening, our clocks went forward a week ago and the Roku app is now a day out

Same as in first post

• 1 month later...
paulsalter

Any updates?

Would be nice to get this fixed on Roku, and in the Metadata Manager

Showing wrong air dates looks a bit messy

This issue has been going on for a few years so would be nice to see it resolved

It's something we are still looking into thanks. It is something that will require a server api change followed by changes to every single app so the degree of difficulty is the only reason why it's been getting pushed out.

paulsalter

Thanks for the info

Why does it need to be so complicated?

If tvdb says something aired on 4th May 2018, why does any calculation need doing on it, that is the aired date, the country you are in is irrelevant

Because a long time ago we decided that all dates would be stored in utc, therefore all internal parts of the server are expecting that, and all apps are expecting that.

But later we learned that certain dates should not be converted, so now in order to resolve this we have to go and rework everything i just mentioned.