Permissions Problem After adding emby to adm

mastermind42

mastermind42

I have tried everything to make emby's permission work. I changed the user permission so Emby was the owner of the folder and added adm to there groups but it still can't find the folder. Has anyone figured it out?

mastermind42

What do you mean by "it can't find the folder" ?

When I navigate to /media/my_name/external_hard_drive_1 it doesn't see any folders inside of it.

Also my folders inside the hard drive's owner is "Emby Server default user" and my group is "users". Permissions is drwxrwxrwx

Edited by mastermind42

mastermind42

I am trying to point my emby to an external hard drive that has the correct permissions. However, when I navigate to /media/<myname>/hard_drive_1, there is nothing inside of it. There isn't even the 3 dots that lets me navigate back up one in the directory.

SkyBehind

Can you get to it in the command line or in your GUI interface?  When you're in the folder on the external hard drive, do you see the files?  Reason I ask, because it may not be mounted.  If you've saved the mount, the folder will be there, but no files inside it.  If you set it to automatically mount, did you do it by partition ID or by disk location?  Disk location can change if you plugged it into a different port.  Just food for thought.