RAM usage cap

Untoten

Untoten

When I do library scan with chapter image extraction, it eats up the whole 16GB of my server, usually over a day or two, until Emby is unresponsive and I cannot even RDP into my server.  This is moreso a bug, but it is quite concerning.

edit: No longer needed, this FR was made because of the memory leak.

Edited by Untoten

Guest plexman

I think this is more a problem than a feature request. Post it in your OS sub-forum and attach a server log so dev's can help you.

Untoten

I think this is more a problem than a feature request. Post it in your OS sub-forum and attach a server log so dev's can help you.

I would like the feature as well, I would like more control over ssystem resource use.

Guest plexman

You can control the system usage by installing Emby inside a Virtual Machine, Docker or LXC container and establishing quotas for memory and CPU.

Edited by plexman

Untoten

You can control the system usage by installing Emby inside a Virtual Machine, Docker or LXC container and establishing quotas for memory and CPU.

This is a feature request, not a question.  I am well aware of physical limits I can place, which means when it maxes out the vm resources, it causes non-responsive server.  So not only is this unhelpful, but incorrect, thanks.