Is there a limit on number of movies?

lilwip007

lilwip007

I apologize if this has been asked before.  I have over 2200 movies in my library, yesterday I added about ten movies.  For some reason, my library shows 2219 movies.  However, about 8 of the recently added movies do not show up, only the last one I added does.  

So, is there a hard limit on the number of movies allowed in the database?  

So for Example:

Added Movie A, it shows in the library

Added Movie B, it shows in the library

Added Movie C, it shows in the library, but Movie B has now disappeared.

Added Movie F, it shows in the library but movie E is no longer in the library.  

Etc...

Movie A is still in the library, but the ones between Movie A and the last one added have disappeared.  Even though they showed up as I added them, and are still in their respective folders.  

Any thoughts?

I have plenty of drive space and memory and CPU utilization on the box are low so I don't think it is a drive space or resource issue.

Thanks!

No, there is no limit (other than hardware resources).

Are you sure some of these movies aren't just being collapsed into collections?

lilwip007

The movies are not showing on my home screen under unwatched and do not show under my Movies.  The movies in question are not what would be considered parts of a collection that I can tell (Absolutely Anything, Powder, The Lost City of Z). 

There is a limit to the number of items that are shown in the recent area of the home screen.

Have you clicked into the library to view the entire thing?

lilwip007

Yes, as stated above 

"The movies are not showing on my home screen under unwatched and do not show under my Movies" 

I let it sit overnight to see if it was just an issue with slow load.  I understand there is a limit for the recent area, however it shows the MOST recent, so that is not the root cause of this issue.  

lilwip007

Interestingly, new TV shows I added this morning ARE showing fine.  Just the 10 or so movies I added yesterday afternoon are not showing.

Do you see them in the web app?

Are there any parental controls involved?

Can you find them with a search?

Are you sure they maybe aren't just getting mis-identified?

lilwip007

No parental controls, Did not show up in a search, and the same results on the Web App.  The Server added them, then they were removed/disappeared when I added a new one.  They could be getting identified incorrectly, however, I would be seeing new movies on the recents that I didn't add then right?  

lilwip007

I saw them show up.  I added them one at a time.  I also did try a scan.  Rebooted the machine, restarted the server.  I am moving them to a different folder now to see if they show up.

lilwip007

Think I isolated the issue, can't explain it though.  Looks like one of my folder titles was missing a closed square bracket.  It was the first one that disappeared.