Add Trailer manually

b0mb

Hi!

Sometimes Emby doesn´t find one or the right link to a Youtube Trailer.

I know how to edit the .nfo file and add this manually but it would be great if there would be an option where i can go to edit movie infos and just add the youtube link of the trailer i want to play. ;)

Thx in advance!

b0mb

@@b0mb, it is probably a good idea but just be aware that Emby does not find links to Youtube trailers. We get the trailer urls from the MovieDb. So I think what you meant to say was that sometimes the MovieDb has incorrect trailer urls. Have you considered reporting this to them? Thanks !

@@b0mb, it is probably a good idea but just be aware that Emby does not find links to Youtube trailers. We get the trailer urls from the MovieDb. So I think what you meant to say was that sometimes the MovieDb has incorrect trailer urls. Have you considered reporting this to them? Thanks !

Nope.... 

For me the most easy way would be to have the option to add a trailer in the filminfo manually as i said ;)

the trailer´s added from the MovieDb are original youtube links 

i guess it´s much more easy to get this tiny feature implemted into emby than contacting MoiveDb theme if a trailer is missing ;)

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=nafe857DJJw</trailer>
Edited by b0mb

Yes and we convert them to those plugin urls per nfo standards but the urls still originate from moviedb. So if they are not correct for a particular movie then that is where you will want to bring your feedback.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Also, if you add it to tmdb then everyone would benefit - including you when others do the same :).

Also, if you add it to tmdb then everyone would benefit - including you when others do the same :).

i have a wife and 2 little children so this it would cost the time that i don´t have :D

So, ok community thinking rules so i´ve registered but when i´ve tried to add the german trailer to a german movie i got a message that the youtube ID has already been added to the US Version of the movie....

so i am back at the beginning where i need that feature so that i can add my ID to the movie for myself ;)

edit:

I´ve add another trailer now which is shown in TheMovieDB but not in Emby after updating metadata :(

Edited by b0mb

Happy2Play

It does take time for metadata to update from the website to the API on provider sites.  Also Emby does cache info to x amount of days so you may have to go to your "tmdb-movies2" folder in your cache folder and find the movie id folder and delete it, then try to refresh the movie to get new info.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

It does take time for metadata to update from the website to the API on provider sites.  Also Emby does cache info to x amount of days so you may have to go to your "tmdb-movies2" folder in your cache folder and find the movie id folder and delete it, then try to refresh the movie to get new info.

Thx!

That did it. How much time would it take usually to catch the updated metadata?

Happy2Play

Thx!

That did it. How much time would it take usually to catch the updated metadata?

Not positive on updates to provider data,  I know images can take up to 7+ days depending on provider.  I believe @@Luke has mentioned metadata is cached by Emby a couple days, before hitting providers again.

yea but even when those caches expire, that doesn't mean Emby will just pull new information. That needs to be refreshed manually.

Untoten

@@Luke, would it be possible to have a 'report incorrect trailer' button in Emby, possibly with the function to report the incorrect trailer directly to MovieDB without admin intervention.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes Emby doesn´t find one or the right link to a Youtube Trailer.

I know how to edit the .nfo file and add this manually but it would be great if there would be an option where i can go to edit movie infos and just add the youtube link of the trailer i want to play. ;)

This!

I will add trailers manually from youtube, TMDB is not the way what i want. So, why is there not an option for this? Ember, Tiny or Mediaelch can this, only Emby can not do this.

You can add youtube urls to nfo files. We just don't have this in the editing UI yet.

I suppose that if we refresh data it will erase everything we put in the nfo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

I suppose that if we refresh data it will erase everything we put in the nfo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All depends on the option you choose.  (Scan for New and Updated files) ;) 

• Like 1